Monday, January 31, 2011

Isn't Tomorrow February Fool's Day?

More like Jack-Ass
Sorry I am blogging so late today but the day got away from me quickly. It started with the usual stuff - getting Fabio up and going for school, making Fabio's lunch because he doesn't like the hot lunches, making Sugar Momma's coffee, driving Fabio to the bus stop because he dilly-dallied and wasn't out the door in time...then I went across town to pay the car payment, went to the store to make sure we have enough provisions (toilet paper and the like) to get us through SnowMattgeddon 2011, worked out, drove to Elburn to pick up Sugar Momma's new glasses, came back home and got a call asking if I could work in 30 minutes until 4:30 or so and now I am home and finally blogging you.

LET IT SNOW, LET IT SNOW, LET IT SNOW
Supposedly the MIDDLEwest is gonna get walloped with a bunch of snow for the next few days. There's talks of 12" - 25" (TWSS) before it's done sometime Wednesday. Some are saying that it will be the biggest snow storm the MIDDDLEsection has ever seen. Global warming + 2012 just around the corner = a lot of "firsts" and "biggests" and "worsts." Isn't tomorrow February 1st? I'm not gonna fall for that one again. Get back with me January 2013 and I'll remind you that this was just somebody upstairs shaking a big snow globe for a couple of days. It's just a bunch or malarkey as we know it and I feel fine.

I am supposed to work basketball games Tuesday and Wednesday night. Good thing I have 4-wheel drive. I love driving in the snow; it's the others that I worry about. I hope the snow doesn't cause a bunch of stuff to get canceled. I want to work. Also, Fabio's honors breakfast at school is Wednesday morning. He has been on the A/B Honor Roll every semester since I can remember. I am very proud of him. he plays several sports and gets all "A's" and "B's" and still has time to keep the world safe in Call of Duty: Black Ops.

Last night the Screen Actors' Guild Awards (SAG) were on television. I didn't watch them but I am aware being in the movie review buz! My picks for the top five categories for Oscars (Academy Awards) were the top five winners for SAG's. Check my Oscar picks on MIDDLE MOVIE REVIEWS for these picks on January 27th and my new review of The King's Speech. I picked Colin Firth for Best Actor, Natalie Portman for Best Actress, The King's Speech for Best Picture (they vote the cast in the SAG's), Christian Bale for Best Supporting Actor and Melissa Leo for Best Actress. I told you they read this blog in Hollywood...and they are apparently copying off of my paper too. Damn you Damon!

How many more award shows and all-star games do we need this winter? Hey, I have a dream job and I make a bazillion dollars a year. Now, kiss my fragile bum some more....am I the only one who doesn't get this?

February is tomorrow (if we survive the blizzard). what does it mean if the groundhog is beuried and unavailable? What if he is frozen solid? Through January I have worked out 16.33 times (which is about 1,470 minutes or 29 1/2 hours) and I have lost four pounds. I am well on my way to achieving my 2011 resolutions but there is plenty of time to fail - BUT THAT'S NOT IN THE PLAN! As always, remember I love you and am happy you spend a few minutes with me every day. I will blog you tomorrow and you may get to read it from home because you'll be snow-bound. TTTT...MITM (burrrr)

No comments:

Post a Comment