Tuesday, February 1, 2011

WWYCD? What Would Yukon Cornelius Do?

Cue the good vibrations from MH-TV for my buddy Stacee who is feeling under the weather right now (no pun intended). Feel better Stacee! If the Funky Bunch can't help nobody can.
I guess the rabbits won't be around for awhile...burp
As I type this (12:33 PM 2/1/11) the snow is coming down in the MIDDLEwest at a blinding speed, literally. It seems that the snowstorm of the century has begun. I went to the store and gave plasma this morning (why are urine and plasma the same golden color? - I am suspicious all of a sudden) and on the way home at about 10:00AM the roads were already getting bad between the cornfields. Though it is snowing pretty good I think the wind is, and will continue to be, causing most of the problems. I have to work a basketball game tonight and I will be surprised if there is much of a crowd. I go in at 4:00 and the game starts at 7:00. I am listening to the radio to hear if and when Fabio's school closes because I imagine they will close early. I want to pick him up at the bus stop today because it is about four blocks away and that may take him a half-hour without snowshoes. I think they are gonna stay open until at least 1:00PM because then it constitutes a full day and they don't have to make it up. If I don't hear differently I will just go there at 3:00 (his usual arrival time). I am happy Sugar Momma can, and did, work from home today. It kinda sucks for her in a way though. Hundreds of people are gonna have a snowday tomorrow and she will be here working. I'll take a picture so we can laugh at her. I work tomorrow night too so maybe I shouldn't laugh because I won't be doing it from home

Is this Muhammad Ali and Joe Frazier?
Punxsutawney Matt predicts the first day of Spring will be March 20th. He has never been wrong so ignore that poser groundhog. He has to be stopped and I'm gonna stop him!

The Civil Unions bill was signed by Illinois Governor Pat Quinn yesterday which allows same-sex partners to receive most of the same benefits of marriage that they deserve. Way to go Governor Quinn for making more men (and women) equal in the MIDDLEwest (Illinois). We're finally in 20th Century and now we need to get into the 21st Century. When I see Chicago mayoral debates like the one I saw earlier this week I have my doubts that we will ever make it. Rham Emanuel showed his foresight by not wanting to, and not, attending this debate. This is yet another reason that I endorse Rham Emanuel for Mayor of Chicago.  you really need to watch that blue underlined video back there if you haven't seen it...hilarious Chicago politics from mayoral candidates Carol Moseley Braun and Patricia Van Pelt.
Hurray for Mattywood's (review)!

I finally reviewed Hollywood Palms Cinema at MIDDLE MOVIE REVIEWS . Check it out. What else are you gonna do? Shovel snow that'll blow back in 2.8 seconds?  Chill and read instead of chill and freeze. I am sure my brother in Hawaii is loving hearing the MIDDLEwest news right about now.

I had to wake Fabio up this morning at 4:00AM so he could buy the upgrade to Call of Duty: Black Ops for Xbox 360. It's funny how he can get right up for stuff like that. He then played the "new" game until he left for the bus a little before 7:00. I am happy I have to work this afternoon because I imagine he will be a bear...OMG, you know it's coming....a polar bear! (I kill me - how do I come up with all of this endless hilarity?)
Mush....Mush....I said Mush!!!!

Okay, I am done for today (break your heart?). That Hollywood Cinema review took so long and I have been up since 3:00AM (not Benadryl last night) and plasma donating always makes me a little tired so I want to take a break before the hour drive to work a mile away. I am happy for four-wheel-drive today. Wish me luck and if I don't make it back alive please keep the blog going. You can decide amongst yourselves who should carry it on; I know any one of you could do it. "Donner party of one. Donner, party or one your blog is ready." Maybe they could make a television show about replacing me...I'll watch from wherever I am. TTT you meet me on the otherside of the MIDDLE...MITM (off like Yukon Cornelius)

2 comments:

  1. Welp....I visited finally. Yayy...go me! I'll admit I'm a bit slow now a days, but blogging used to serve me well. It's a fun way to have fun, isn't it? I suppose as long as you're a decent writer (which you are) it does make it a bit easier! I'm still working on mine and have yet to write one post! Oh by the way...did you know one of Chicago's mayoral candidates is on crack? Or used to be....oh wait...you posted the video!! lol Dang...how did you do that? See how far behind I am already? BTW...what happened to Carol Mosely Braun? Or is she the one that was on crack? :):):)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let me know when you start your blog Sonya, I want to be your first "follower." It is fun to blog...I guess it's kinda like my therapy. Thank you for the kind words. when you get up and going I can help you with photos and video links and stuff. I will also add yours to my suggested links section. MITM

    ReplyDelete