Saturday, February 12, 2011

Sorrow is the Key that Lets Our Tears Out of Eye Jail!

Happy Saturday! There's a heatwave in the MIDDLEwest. It's supposed to be all the way to like 34 degrees this weekend. I may go buy a convertible today.

Yesterday I went over to check that buried SUV like I promised. The windows were tinted almost black so I couldn't see in. The windshield is totally buried under snow as are the front doors. The back door was buried enough that I couldn't get it open. There were tracks heading from the vehicle that were very deep in the snow so I surmised that they were made before the three+ feet of snow froze. I also thought that a snow plow dude wouldn't bury a vehicle in that had someone inside. I assumed there was nobody in there or they had frozen to death already and there was nothing I could do to help so I took some more photos and left. But now my fingerprints are on the handle of the back driver's side door.

Even I could be a ventriloquist on the radio
I have still been thinking about that podcast thing. When I have harebrained ideas I usually bounce them off of Sugar Momma because she's rubber and I'm goo... I used to be glue but that's too much effort anymore. She always tells me when I am being stupid or have a dumb idea, which is every three out of four, but this time she seemed receptive. I feel like Lucy Ricardo.  Now what do a podcast about? You will know when I do. Ethyl, I mean sugar Momma,  thought the puppet show and ventriloquist podcasts were good ideas. Edgar Bergen and Charlie McCarthy got their start on the radio - can you imagine? Maybe I could to a "MIDDLE's Got Talent" show....come on kids, we're puttin' on a show! I am pretty sure I have the face for an audio podcast.

A quick shout-out to the Egyptians. Good On Ya Mates! This is very exciting for one of the oldest countries on the planet. You have to admire people who fight for what they believe in against all odds. It's like the beginning of the U.S.A. about 235 years ago. History in the making every day right here on planet Earth!
I tried to tell those guys their dames would be upset!
I am trying to make out my notes from plasma-day the other day. I was pumping from my right arm vein so I was writing with my left hand. The bad thing is that I am left-handed...not really. I am getting pretty good at it but some words are hard to make out. Here's something I wrote but I don't know what it was in reference to but it sounds nice unless I am reading it wrong. "Sorrow is the key that lets our tears out of eye jail." Hmmmm very profound phantom left hand!

Oh yeah, the V.D. dilemma!!!! (bump bump baaaaaaaaa) Never mind the "dilemma"... I figured it out. Oh yeah, the V.D. stands for Valentine's Day. But let this serve as a reminder that Monday is St. Valentine's Day. St. Valentine's Day means a couple of things to us in the MIDDLEwest but remember to get your sweety something or take him/her to dinner or (TWSS)... so you don't wind up with the 1930's version of St. Valentine's Day. Restaurants are saying to make your reservations early because they are gonna be really busy... Busy on a Monday night? Yeah, maybe because all of us suckers listen to you tell us that you're gonna be busy so we call you like a bunch of horny lemmings. Self-fulfilling prophecy? Advertising propaganda fulfilling prophecy!

Have a great Saturday and if you're near the Lake Barrington Field House (sounds romantic), which is supposedly near the Onion Pub Restaurant (ca-ching), today or tomorrow stop on in to see some basketball and keep me company. Their first game is at 1:00PM. They play somebody called the Viking Force first. Who sounds more intimidating? Viking Force or the J-Barbs? Boy, won't the Vikings be embarrassed when they lose to the Barbs! That reminds me - did you hear that Ken wants Barbie Millicent Roberts back? Did you know that Barbie has a last name and that she is from the MIDDLEwest (Wisconsin)? More of the useless trivia that is in me noggin' but will not get me on Jeopardy. Barbie and Ken - a true V.D. story in the making. Maybe a trivia podcast...hmmmm "I am grateful for this magnificent washout! but..." cue the music TTTT...MITM (headed north)

3 comments:

  1. Good Luck this weekend. We won't be there as the house has strep!! I just hope you don't experience any A.W's.!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. TY...don't need no more A.W.'s have had plenty already. Good lick with the strep

    ReplyDelete
  3. luck not lick...though I hope you lick it LOL

    ReplyDelete