Friday, February 4, 2011

Follow, Follow, Follow, Follow, Follow Me On Facebook!

cue the music I think I have found The Cure To What Ails You!

Can you believe it's Friday in the MIDDLE? There was Monday and then an abbreviated Tuesday for most (because the sky was falling) and then Wednesday and Thursday were cabin fever days and now it's Friday! Tomorrow is like second Saturday and then Sunday is Super Bowl Sunday. I have heard that the snow we received Tuesday and Wednesday was the third biggest snow storm on record for we MIDDLERS. If you're not first you're last! (I love any chance to share that song)

Clicking this won't do anything (TWSS)
I have noticed that every company and/or product is getting or has a Facebook page now. Is that the trend of marketing in America? I don't know if it's good or bad but it seems to be the way it's going. Sugar Momma has a bra that has a tag on it that says "follow us on Facebook." I like to look at bras I must admit; it's inherent in most males I think. As much as I like bras I don't know if I want to follow Sugar Momma's bra on Facebook. If it were like a GPS where I could track her I still don't think I would want to follow her bra on Facebook. When I was making Fabio's lunch this morning I noticed there was a note to follow Wonder Bread on Facebook. Do I get to watch Fabio eat his sandwich and then watch the digestion process and then get to see how waste is recycled? Downy fabric softener wants me to follow them on Facebook.  So, being a "follower" as I am, I started the Matt In The Middle Facebook page. There's not much on there yet but "follow Matt In The Middle on Facebook." I am going to invite all of my adult Facebook friends...what are Facebook friends for? (besides helping each other harvest their crops and junk) My ultimate goal by trying to get followers is to win a Kid's Choice Award of some kind. My lifelong dream is to be "slimed" by Jack Black or Ben Stiller or Natalie Portman or someone (that is not a euphemism, by the way).
Our boat is a little smaller than the one pictured
     Something I continuously think of whenever I am outside with all of this snow is that it is gonna melt. When it does we are gonna have a lot of water everywhere. I think of you and keep thinking to blog you to make sure your sump pump is working properly because it's gonna be working overtime in a month or two. I have already replaced mine on Mattgarita Island once and know mine is good. I also have a battery back-up system in case the power goes out because I don't want to workout under water though that would provide less joint strain I think. That reminds me, I just worked out and didn't take my protein powder....I'll be right back.... I'm back and I can feel my biceps growing already...phew! So, anyway, make sure your sump pump is operating efficiently. I may take the boat (The Leaky Tiki) out of storage early this year just in case. If we flood I will come get you all and take you to safety on a first come, first served basis. It will be like MIDDLE's Ark! (I will only take Facebook requests though so you'd better "follow" me or "like" me or whatever it lets you do)

The Little Tramp and Gandhi
When I was up early in the morning, or late at night depending on how you look at it, the other day The Great Dictator was on American Movie Classics (AMC). That movie was very controversial in it's day (1940) but is very prophetic watching it now. Charles "Charlie" Chaplain was amazing in many, many ways. I think he may have been the greatest actor of all time. He was definitely a genius. The final speech was excellent (if you have about seven minutes click that colored link there - you will not be disappointed). It almost makes me cry every time I hear/see it. I am guessing Adolph Hitler wasn't a big fan. Hey, that reminds me...do you know what Adolph Hitler's favorite movie was? It was King Kong (the original, of course). I love trivia; I always have. Can you tell?

I have blogged on again. Luckily for you I have to run up town to Oleson's Mercantile for some post-snowpocalypic supplies. Enjoy the rest of your "second Friday." I'll blog again tomorrow (Splenda's birthday) sometime. In the meantime "like" or "follow" Matt In The Middle on Facebook. TTTT...MITM (buggin' out)!

No comments:

Post a Comment