Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Save the Planet Read a Blog!

I wanna party with you cowboy! You and me together? Forget it!
I have to workout today so I thought I would blog. Maybe something fun will come up and the working-out will be put off longer. I have to work at 4:00 so if I blog long enough maybe there won't be time for working out. No, I have to workout! HAVE TO!!!!!!

Hey, guess what? I am the February Employee of the Month at work. There are two every month and my buddy Ed and I are this month's golden ticket winners. I don't know what I get for this distinct honor other than some words in the newsletter (which is nicely done by Tammy V. I must say) and I can park closer to the entrance for the month. I won't use this "perk" because I prefer to walk so anyone who wants my spot for the month go ahead and take it. Since Ed and I are both MIDDLE-agers and probably amongst the oldest on the huge staff (TWSS) they are probably thinking we don't have much time left so they voted with their charity-bones. Those are not the ones connected to the thought-bones. I think he and I should get to party with Barney and Baby Bop when they visit us February 27th for their Birthday Bash. I wish the podcast was gonna be up by then so I could try to wrangle an interview but I think that will be too soon. How old do you suppose Barney is like 65,000,000 years old?
"What's the fun in playin' it safe?"
Speaking of the podcast (man, I am getting good at that) -  one of my bestest buddies and big toes, Brian, suggested the title "He said, She Said" for the podcast. I liked it but after further thought it sparked another idea in my chasm (head)...how about "Dirty Laundry?" It says a lot and incorporates everything. I want to work my name in there too though so I can be called a "titular star." Of course, I initially thought of the song Dirty Laundry by Don Henley but I never really cared for that song too much. Then I went to iTunes and found this song Dirty Laundry by Bitter:Sweet. Now Roz has a new song in her repertoire whether that's the theme or not. I am 98.6% positive it will be the theme song though. The group Bitter:Sweet has been around since about 2006 as best I can tell from Wikipedia but now world-wide fame may be headed their way with the Dirty Laundry Podcast Emporium (okay, I'm still working on it). Thanks for lighting the candle Brian!

Save the planet, read a blog!
I heard that Border's books has filed bankruptcy (Chapter 11) and is closing 200 stores. I suppose the electronic globe with blogs and podcasts (ca-ching) and such have made print dying a slow death? I don't believe print will completely be eliminated in our lifetimes unless you are reading this in the future - though we are sure trying. But, if you are reading this is the future you are reading it as I type it - weird. What is Border's gonna do with all of their books? Don't they know that paper doesn't grow on trees? Electronics, which we used to say were dumbing down our society, are actually helping the planet by saving trees and thus providing the planet with more oxygen. Save the planet, read a blog (and listen to a podcast soon).

Enough wasting time. I need to start working-out so I can get out to work. Thanks for humoring me and hopefully letting me humor you a little. Women's basketball tonight and the Lipizzaner Stallions tomorrow night at my work. Wiz Khalifa tickets go on sale Friday (don't ask me, I'm still trying to find out).  Also, Barney's Birthday Bash is coming up next weekend. I figured as Employee of the Month I have a duty to keep us busy during my reigning month. Have a great warmer day in the MIDDLEwest though expect rain. I will leave you with this other idea from Michael Jackson's ex-wife for a podcast theme song. TTTT...MITM (bloggin' the planet). cue the music Hal

2 comments:

  1. working out does a body good! Proud of you!
    Truly sad bout borders....Just sounds more like downsizing/downplaying on the news than a true Chapter 11. I heard most the one's surrounding the Fox valley will be open as long as they make the green. Great barney Blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our Border's is closing :(

    Thanks for the kind words D!!!

    ReplyDelete