Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Podcast, Blogcast, Modcast...

Tuesday already? Plasma is done, grocery shopping is done (I seem to do that a lot), family truckster washed, groceries put away now it's time to blog your world baby!
As I mentioned yesterday I am obsessing over a podcast. I appreciate all of your suggestions and I plan to incorporate many of them. I told Sugar Momma last night that I thought I needed a co-host but I was concerned with scheduling and locale with something like that. She turned to me and said, "I'll do it." That solved several problems; she is technically savvy so that part is solved, she's smarter than me so that part is solved, she's better looking than me so that part is solved... Hey, wait a minute, why does she need me now? Seriously, we are total opposites in many ways which will offer different perspectives on issues. The correct views and then hers (just kidding - or am I?). We can discuss the male and female views though I am somewhere in The MIDDLE, of course.  Now, we need a name for the show and an opening theme song or something. The Matt In The Middle and Sugar Momma Show?  That is too long (TWSS) and not very catchy (TWSS). Beauty of the Goof? We could probably use some big time guests to get us some "followers" or "subscribers" or whatever podcasts get. There's a lot to consider. If you have connections with celebrities that would be interested in committing career suicide let me know. I guess I should put a call in to Damon again though he hasn't talked to me in years.

While I was receiving my blood money this morning I was listening to the Comedy Death Ray podcast. OMG I was almost laughing out loud. My face must have been red from laughing. I cannot believe they didn't come over and check on me. If you get a chance and feel inclined check out iTunes and the podcast from 8/16/10 - episode 66.2 with Bob Odenkirk and Brett Gelman. It's a free podcast and you can listen on your computer if you don't want to download it to your mobile devise of choice. Hey. maybe Odenkirk will be on my, I mean "our," podcast.
Chevy Five - O is more like it!

I love the show Hawaii Five-O but I am getting tired of having Chevy cars shoved down my throat (TWSS). They show that Chevy logo on the fronts of the cars more than they show the Hawaiian Islands. I guess it's the only way for advertisers to get their products noticed now with the DVR revolution but....wait, and now I am blogging about Chevy (might as well ca-ching it). Nicely played Chevrolet, nicely played. They are pretty bitchin' cars on that show I must admit. Maybe they'd like to sponsor a Podcast In The Middle. I like the show enough to put up with it but I just want you to know that I'm on to you Five-O! I think they should have Dog The Bounty Hunter help them on a case. He drives: Suburbans, Tahoes, Expeditions, Yukons, Escalade, and Navigator L...curiouser and curiouser!

I received my new Whole Living magazine and Victoria's Secret catalog yesterday. I think I have figured out why I am receiving these. I probably signed up for the magazine on Facebook. My friend Stacee turned me onto the Free Samples and Freebies page on Facebook. I "liked" it and I probably signed up for the Whole Living mag.. I have received a lot of cool free stuff and I think I probably got entered to get the Victoria's Secret catalog at the same time. It does seem quite coincidental that they both arrived on the same day two months in a row. I'm not complaining...just blogging (maybe that could be my catch phrase?). I recommend that page if you like free stuff (duh).
"Due to poor casting next season we are canceled kids!"

 
The Matt In The Middle Facebook page gained three more "likers" since Friday. "Romper, stomper, bomper, boo, tell me, tell me, tell me do..." I see Stacee and Jimbo and Jon. Thanks for "liking" the page kids. A little known bit of Matt In The Middle trivia thanks to you Do-Bees...I was signed up to be on Romper Room back in 1968 or 1970 in Rockford, Illinois. We went out and bought all of the supplies: the stomper bompers... and then before the new season was to start it was canceled in Rockford. At least that's the story my parents gave me. Can you imagine how my life would have changed had I been a Doobie? What a fool believes!

Thanks for stopping by; I always appreciate our visits. If you have any ideas for the podcast let me know here or on the MITM Facebook page or at mattgarita@msn.com. I am thinking about having guest movie reviewers starting with my buddy Greg probably because that will cause some entertaining disagreements; an East Coast-West Coast thang! Maybe he will be our regular movie reviewer? Also, he too worked with Bob Odenkirk in college at WIDB radio, so that may double our chances to 1% of getting him on the podshow. Come out and watch me work a basketball game tonight if you're looking for something to do. TTTT...MITM (soon to be on ipods everywhere) cue us outta her Hal 

No comments:

Post a Comment