Monday, February 14, 2011

I'm Too Sexy for this Blog!

Happy Valentine's Day! cue the music

Prematurely hatched and scrambled if you ask me!
Last night The Grammy Awards were/was on. I am so happy that Justin Bieber didn't win Best New Artist. I don't know why, I just am. Lady Antebellum won a bunch of awards and Miranda Lambert won Best Female Artist. Lady Antebellum was at DeKalb's Cornfest two years ago and Miranda Lambert worked along side me in the MIDDLE a couple of months ago. I am not much of a country music fan but I can shape their careers. Let this be a warning to all of you recording artists...you wanna win next year you make a good presence in the MIDDLEwest. And, in case you didn't know...Lady Gaga is weird...talented but weird.
I Brain You Very Much!
Why is the heart associated with love? There are other parts of our anatomy that I think should be given credit for love. The brain is the first one that comes to mind (no pun intended). When did the heart start getting the credit for feelings? I think the epidermis should get more credit for love than the heart. "The heart wants what the heart wants" is an old saying. The heart wants what the brain wants the heart to want and the brain wants the heart to pump blood through the veins and keep its big trap shut when it come to affairs of the brain (which got to be known as affairs of the heart). I guess if the heart doesn't get its way it pulls the chest pain or heart attack card. Speaking of cards how come Hearts is one of the suits? This is out of hand. I suppose candy brains wouldn't be as appealing as candy hearts though the candy hearts don't even look like real hearts. The heart must have a really good press agent and P.R. firm working for her. I bet Bill Shakespeare had something to do with this! Though it is supposedly linked to a South African plant called the silphium. The silphium was thought to possess a form of birth control. The plant's seed pods resembled hearts so the connection with the heart and reproduction (love) may have started there? The plant is now extinct but the legend "loves" on!

The heart gets what the brain wants it to get!
Three years ago today I came home from work and noticed there were dozens of helicopters circling above my MIDDLE cornfield town. It was one of the days that made DeKalb seem like the Old MIDDLEwest to me; though there have been others. Five Northern Illinois University students were shot to death and several more were wounded that day. A former student opened fire in a lecture hall and then turned his gun on himself. It was a very surreal day that I will never forget that day in this little MIDDLEwestern town. Forward, Together, Forward!

Did you hear that they think energy drinks are bad for us? Another "Duh" moment in America. It seems appropriate that I heard about this today. So, a caffeine and sugar-filled molotav cocktail shooter is bad for you (your heart)? I don't believe it. I think this is one of the weapons that the brain uses against the heart. "Hey mouth, throat and stomach...help me gang up on the heart so we can have order back in our body!"
Paperback Grotto! is our adult store here
As long as I am on the topic of "love" I heard that like 100 people recently got sick after attending a party at The Playboy Mansion. They were internet executives from around the world attending a fundraiser at Hef's pad. Some of the guests were diagnosed as having Legionnaires Disease which is supposedly caused by bacteria in air conditioning systems. The L.A. Health Department is also checking out a local hotel where most of them were staying. I am no genius (no agreement is needed from you thank you very much) but I would start by checking the water in The Grotto. I think it's funny that internet executives got a "virus." They should have had virus protection.

Alright, I have blogged on without blogging half of what I intended to blog again. Have a nice Valentine's night. If you don't have a Valentine I will gladly volunteer; I am a whore of the heart (good podcast title?). I am finally getting some legitimate ideas for a blogcast; I will tell you tomorrow. I had lunch with my Valentine of 29 years today (Sugar Momma, of course) and now I have to do a review of The Cocoa Bean too when I do the Johnny's Char-house Yelp review. TTTT...MITM (too sexy for this blog). cue the music

No comments:

Post a Comment