Saturday, February 26, 2011

What Came First the Wiener or the Nuts?

He's drivin' me nuts old chap
Remember my idea for having a show that pits mascots against one another in competitions of various forms? The sequel to that show would be famous product vehicles racing or jumping or whatever their particular vehicles do. What would come first? The wiener (Oscar Mayer) or the nuts (Planters)?
Get out FUMUNDA there
     I am able to blog this morning because Fabio's games aren't until tonight. That's one of the things that I haven't liked about this season of travel basketball over last season; we don't know what time the games are until like a day before the games. We know what towns we play in and which days we play way ahead but that's it. It's hard to tell other people (grandparents, friends...) who want to see games and it was hard for me to sign up for my part-time job. So now, tonight I am working at 9:00PM and I will miss his two games. It's not the end of the world and I need to work and Sugar Momma is going but it just would have been nice to know ahead of time so I could have chosen differently had I wanted to. It was a lot more efficient when Debbie and Coach Todd were in charge of the whole thing like last season. Just like many things, you never truly appreciate what you had until it changes.
Eat just one....I triple dog dare ya!
     I can't remember was it Jay's or Lay's potato chips whose advertisement campaign was "Betcha can't eat just one?" I am pretty sure it was Lay's. I am finding that I can't eat just one of anything lately! I dare you to open a package of any food product that has multiple pieces of a ready-to-eat product that are not individually wrapped that you like (chips, cookies, M&M's, nuts, radishes, cereal, shrimp...you get the idea) and try to just eat one. I don't believe it can be done. I say that ad campaign was definitely NOT false advertisement. So far today's blog has been about wieners and nuts and snacks; I may have a difficult time eating properly today. Maybe blogging will get the mind-cravings out of the way and the rest of the day will be a breeze. Now I am thirsty for a Sea Breeze.

Speaking of food (well, if you consider bologna food) I heard Weird Al Yankovic talking about the first song of his that became popular on Comedy Death Ray Radio the other day. I am sure that you have already figured out that it was My, Bologna. Did you realize that was in 1979? Anyway, he recorded it a broom closet across the hall from Dr. Demento's studio. When the song started to become popular the record company bought the rights to the song from Weird Al for $500. A year or two later when Al wanted to re-record it and put it on an album the record company charged him $1000 for the rights to re-record his own song. That just made me wonder how it will work for me to play songs on the podcast. If I buy the songs on iTunes do I own the song for rebroadcast? I guess I had better research that. But, getting sued is good press right? Hey that goes back to the wienermobile - my bologna has a first name it's OSCAR....MAYER (weird).

I know what it is supposed to mean when a black cat crosses your path but the other night I had a red fox cross my path. What does that mean? I'ma comin' Elizabeth?

This entire blog has been about food and the 1970's it seems. I guess I am feelin' the blues a little bit today - it his that time of the month you know - so I revert back to simpler times of eating everything and being a kid. The end of the month is usually Pre Mattstruation Syndrome time for me so that makes sense. It's probably your time of the blog too because they say people that are connected by blogs often are on the same cycles. Enjoy your weekend. I will blog you again sometime tomorrow though I don't know when. I gotta go shovel the driveway now - drat! TTTT...MITM (out)

cue the music (if I die today this will be a really cool last blog song)

No comments:

Post a Comment