Thursday, February 24, 2011

OK - I Believe You!

cue the music
Thirsty already? where has the week gone? I guess I am a little Thursday; plasma day always leaves me a bit parched. Forgive me if this goes astray today. Never mind, that's what this always does. So, forgive me if this doesn't go astray but I am multi-tasking and my noodle is ill-equipped for such tasks. I am going through some of the old shows that I did on Jimmy Buffett's Radio Margarita looking for a couple of specific songs. I did two different shows there (about 25 or 30 hour-long shows) - The Mattgarita Happy Hour and Cheeseburger Radio. I am sure you have heard of them...they're household names. They were at our house anyway.

Yesterday while working at the job fair I was called: Hon, Honey and Doll; that's a lot better than being called Mitch like I was last year. These names were not being sprinkled on me by older women either (no, not by guys). I wasn't offended. In fact, I guess I was flattered but I cannot imagine calling a stranger Toots or even Hon or Doll. Why does it seem wrong when a guy does it but it's okay when a woman does it? Maybe I answered my own question before I asked it - "I wasn't offended, in fact, I guess I was flattered." You gals know we cavemen love to have our egos stroked (no joke comes to mind here).
Ready to be "aired" out April 1, 2011
I am shooting for a launch date for the Dirty Laundry podcast of April 1st, 2011. I think it is appropriate for obvious reasons and if I don't get it up that day (TWSS) I can just use the best excuse for lying ever..."APRIL FOOLS!" "I forgot" is a pretty good one too if it's not April 1st. So far there have been a deluge of stars requesting to be on the premier episode of Dirty Laundry so, as not to offend the ones that we don't choose, there probably won't be any big stars on the first podisode (patent/copyright/trademark).

I found out that the Matt In The Middle blog has become somewhat of a wedding planning site. One of the most faithful of MITM followers (though I am happy that there are a lot of you) is going to have her wedding reception at one of the places blogged about on this blog. She told me that the blog is the reason that she chose this particular place. I am so flattered that she took my blog to heart...literally. I am pretty sure I will be asked to sing at the wedding but I will decline right now but remember that I was going to be asked. I would be willing to become an ordained minister and perform the ceremony if necessary, however. Blog will find a way!

I can't wait for the podcast because I have so much to blog about but if I keep going this is gonna be a mile long (TWSS). If it were a podcast I could just talk faster and get it all in. I write so many notes in my blogbook that I never use. what a shame because everything I write is blog-worthy. April Fools!

The President of Pop Culture
Oh, I do have to do one more thing today because I promised. The Popchips review and the reason for The Quest for the Popchips! My friend Debbie in South Carolina sent me a link for a the Popchips search for a Vice President of Pop Culture. The job pays $50,000 and the person they choose will assist the president, Ashton Kutcher, in promoting the chips. I was all set and excited to do this but then I tasted the chips and they taste way too chemically for me; I cannot represent a product I don't believe it. (in all fairness I only tried the one type though) I heard that Florence Henderson is running for the job too; how would I have a chance against Carol Brady anyway? You can hit that link up there if you want to take a crack at it and I will support you instead. Maybe I could be your Popchip Pop Culture Blogger. Thanks Debbie for the heads up. Debbie was also the person who turned me on to becoming Alicia Keys' blogger which I did apply for but was denied. I can't wait until Ms. Keys wants to be on Dirty Laundry "airing" April 1st! I am a forging person and would welcome her with open arms. But the first question would be "WHY?"
Bananas in Pajamas are very appealing!
I have enough left for three more blogs and I am sure I will write a bunch more before tomorrow. Thanks for hanging out with me today. By the by...I bought a bunch of bananas today and am going to wait for them to "ripen" and then I am making banana bread because of last night's banana bread talk on Facebook. Dole didn't let me know it was National Banana Bread Day yesterday until too late...how about a heads up on important days like that one...now I look like a monkey (and I smell like one too) beacue I didn't get my Banana Bread Day cards sent. Don't worry Jay, I will get some strawberries for your banana bread. Blog to you tomorrow dolls. TTTT...MITM (ooh, ooh, aah, out)

1 comment: