Friday, February 11, 2011

I'm Gonna Be A Good Deed Doer Today

I'm sure 4-wheel drive will get you right outta there.
cue the music
Sorry if I smell kinda rank but I just got done working out and I haven't showered yet. I have to go to the store and thought I would blog before I showered so that you can read this while I am gone; gone but not forgotten. While I was out yesterday donating plasmatt I saw a casualty of last week's snowpocalyse so I took a photo. It is in a parking lot at our local Best Buy store. Do you suppose they forgot where they parked? I never even thought about it until right now but maybe I should have checked to see if there was anyone in the vehicle. Maybe when I am out I will swing by and check. I will seriously feel like an idiot if there is someone in there. Like everyone who has seen this buried car, I am sure none of them have thought to check. I will let you know what (hopefully nothing) I find.

I have been obsessing over the idea of doing a podcast. I obsess - it's one of my most endearing qualities. I have several podcast ideas; tell me what you think. How about a podcast ventriloquist show? Immediate co-host problem solved and I can blame all of the smart aleck stuff on the dummy (if that is the politically correct term). How about if I were a pod-casting mime? This next idea I got from my PortuGal Pal Jennifer...how about a podcast puppet show? Or a magic show? Okay, maybe the podcast ideas need a little work. I could still interview Dan Akyroyd and/or Burt Reynolds. Maybe I could have the dummy interview them. Very funny...I meant the other dummy. Dan or Burt...cast your vote at MIDDLE MOVIE REVIEWS now. Right now Dan is leading 2 - 0.

The Mattgarita Island special yesterday was Tilapia Ceviche
Yesterday I "cooked" a dish I have never made before. I made Tilapia Ceviche. If you are unfamiliar with ceviche it is a seafood dish from Central and South American coastal countries consisting of fresh seafood, spices and local vegetables. If you are familiar that's still what it is. I have been reading dozens of recipes and made my own amalgam from all of those recipes and several of my own adjustments/additions/subtractions. It took about ten hours for me to make it though the actual preparation was less than an hour. The fish "cooks" with citrus. I used both fresh lemon and lime juices to "cook" the fish. The reason I keep putting quotation marks on "cooks" is because the citrus does the cooking; there is no heat involved. Some recipes said to soak the seafood the the juice for a couple of hours or 15 minutes and some said up to ten hours. I didn't want anyone to get sick so I went with the long way. Sugar Momma and Fabio both loved it but I still felt it could be better. I will do it many more times before I am through tweeking it as I go (TWSS). It will be a great summer food on Mattgarita Island. I put the cilantro in at the end Trisha...I could put some aside for you before the cilantro. Hey, how about a cooking podcast? The Galloping Gourmet....who was that Graham Kerr? A Jeopardy contestant would know for sure!

Tell me I'm not adorable (and useful)
Three more people "liked" the Matt In The Middle Facebook page yesterday. Three in one day gets me through the weekend without having to shill for my "one-a-day" friends. Coincidentally, the three that liked me yesterday I have known longer than I have known my wife. We traveled around the country on buses as kids and made beautiful music together. I am not saying we were back-up singers for The Osmonds or The Jackson Five but I am not saying that we weren't. You're awesome Brian, John and Kim and I love you all!

I guess it's time to take a shower and head to the store and see if someone is in need of my help in that SUV. Too bad it wasn't a Chevy Avalanche (cha-ching). Or maybe a Toyota Tundra (double-ching). Maybe I will take a cask of brandy. Maybe they would rather have Bailey's and hot chocolate (or "cocoa" as Sugar Momma prefers)...that's what I would want. I will blog you again tomorrow before heading to Barrington for Fabio's basketball tournament. I think Sugar Momma and the dog (bigger and more fierce than a St. Bernard) will be home so don't even try it burglars casing the joint through the blog...I'm onto you. TTTT...MITM (to the rescue)! Geez - I forgot the V.D. dilemma (will have to wait until tomorrow I suppose - sorry).

cue the music, if you please Hal!

No comments:

Post a Comment