Monday, February 7, 2011

KISS-Method of Blogging! (Keep It Short, Stupid)

Paul Crewe / "Bandit"
 Hit it Hal....cue the music

Yesterday morning I told you who was going to win the Super Bowl and who was going to be Most Valuable Player (MVP) last night. I am sure most of you placed bets and won handsome sums of money based on the blognostcation so it would be nice to throw a little something to your tipster, you know, as a gesture. There's plenty of more predictions where those came from. Remember that I predicted the major categories of The Academy Awards (coming February 27th) at MIDDLE MOVIE REVIEWS. While you're over there make sure to vote on the poll in the right margin; I am trying to decide whether to visit Dan Aykroyd or Burt Reynolds and I am looking for your advise. It's like Donna Dixon vs. Sally Field/Loni Anderson/Dinah Shore Celebrity MITM-Match! Bosom Buddies vs. WKRP In Cincinnati. Vintage Saturday Night Live vs. Saturday Night Live with Norm MacDonald portraying Burt Reynolds. Help me Bloggi Kanobbi you're my only hope.
Ellwood Blues / Ray Stantz
     While the first half of the Super Bowl was going on I was watching the game and making dinner while Sugar Momma was doing the taxes. I made spinach/feta cheese quesadillas, bruschetta and spinach-artichoke dip. They were all low calorie and low-fat but turned out really tasty. Guess what I packed for Sugar Momma for her lunch today. Let me know if you want the recipes.

I imagine most of you watched some or all of the Super Bowl. I hear all of the critics this morning talking about how half-time was bad and how Christina Aguilera messed up The National Anthem. I love, love, love, love The Black-Eyed Peas and thought the half-time show was incredible. I also didn't notice that Ms. Aguilera (cause I'm nasty) flubbed The National Anthem. I just kept wishing that Justin Timberlake (Yogi Bear/Boo Boo tie-in) was there with her. I hear that song live about three or four times a week so I consider myself pretty much an expert on the anthem and I didn't notice the flub. Granted, I was chopping artichoke hearts and mincing water chestnuts... (TWSS) but who cares? The biggest stadium in the country filled to capacity and the largest television audience every year might make anyone nervous; Roethlisberger played like he was nervous. I just kept thinking, "whoever bet the prop bet at Bodog that she would wear a cowboy hat is kicking him/herself right now."

Keep It Something Something
The Matt In The Middle Facebook page has tripled in "friends/fans" in three days. I wish my money could figure out a way to do that. It's all the way up to seven (friends not money)! I am trying to incorporate my new KISS method of blogging today. I can't remember if it's Keep It Short, Stupid or Keep It Stupid, Shorty. Maybe it's Keep It Short & Stupid? I guarantee at least one of those every time.

I am going to get back to cleaning the scum and villainy from our shower, finish washing the bed clothes (the tuxedo with tails) and the "regular" laundry and then I am going to dedicate a couple of hours to working on my writing today. By keeping track of my 2011 Resolutions over there in the right margin it is a daily reminder that I need to do that. I am going to try to spend a little time every day to getting my writing done so you can say, "I used to read him when he was keeping it short and stupid." I worked out yesterday but I may ride the bike a little later on too just for the halibut.

Have the nicest winter Monday possible. I will blog you again tomorrow after PlasMATT fun-time. If you need something today let me know because I am always looking for reasons not to do what I should be doing. TTTT...MITM (keeping it stupid or short). TA, M!

No comments:

Post a Comment