Tuesday, February 22, 2011

A Blog Smarter than Jefferson and Washington Combined!

Founding fathers say no!
Happy George Washington's Birthday! Yesterday being Presidents' Day they were playing all of those specials on each of the presidents on The History Channel and the like. I saw where Thomas Jefferson, while still Governor of Virginia, fled by horseback when the British invaded; I had never heard that before. He and George Washington were also both slave owners as most of us know. In his book Notes on the State of Virginia Jefferson wrote "that the blacks, whether originally a distinct race, or made distinct by time and circumstances, are inferior to the whites in the endowments both of body and mind." And George Washington owned hundreds of slaves. I cannot pretend to know how it was to live in their time but knowing what I know about myself I am pretty sure, even then, I would have known that slavery was wrong. I can honestly say that I am much more intelligent than two of the greatest minds in American history when it comes to the opinion of slavery. Maybe we should move Black History Month to a different month from the same month that contains Presidents' Day?

Wow, I sure got up on my soapbox early in this blog didn't I? That is one Helser of an opening paragraph saying that I am smarter than Washington and Jefferson! I only slept from 10:30 PM until about midnight and this morning I gave plasma so I am not my whole self - who knows what you'll get today? I am gonna blog and then probably take a nap. I worked out late last night and that is a no-no with trying to sleep I have read in countless articles that you GREAT friends have sent me. I wish I had a friend named Leslie. I also didn't take the Benadryl and I am sure that I have allergies that this helps throughout the night.
Podcast episode one is under way

Speaking of laying (I know it should be lying) down (TWSS)... I laid down the first track of the podcast...the opening theme. We still have to iron out some of the particulars but I think we are gonna use Garage Band. At least that's where I started the podcast. I just want to keep you abreast of what's going on so you can write that book about it one day and then we can have you on to discuss the book.

I forgot my blogbook this morning and I had a thousand thoughts so I wrote them on the free Northern Star newspaper that I got at plasma fun-time. I bled from my right arm so I wrote with my left; I am getting pretty good at it. So, if I lose my right arm I should be fine though my clothes wouldn't fit as well. I am trying to make out what some of the notes mean though. Since I do write a lot slower and more awkwardly with my left hand I don't write as detailed as I usually do and now I have to call on my brain that thinks worse than my left hand writes.

On the way home this morning I stopped and bought groceries as I do about four times a week (it's tough to eat healthy and have a fourteen-year-old son with the metabolism of the Chicago Bulls). On the way out of the parking lot I saw a new person holding a sign. It is now a woman and her sign read "Job cut, single mom must provide for family." You know how I feel about this; I feel badly but think it is a scam more times than not. She's 200 yards from Biolife Plasma Services. I make $50 a week lying on my back for two hours and I am not even good at it. I know the sign-holders were holding signs here before the man with the golden voice or whatever they called that homeless douche that was on Dr. Phil was "discovered" but is he their new cult hero? Whatever happened to that story? You don't hear much after they found out he was what I have thought of these people since before "his time" which seems to be over. Maybe we should have some of these sign-holders on the podcast?
probably taste like a summers' eve
After that I stopped by Jewel Foods because my buddy Stacee, who is soon to be the best MIDDLE bride in the history of weddings, told me that she saw Popchips at her local Jewel. Jewel had them and now I am the proud owner of a bag of Sea Salt and Vinegar Potato flavored Popchips! Thanks Stacee. Maybe I will tell you the reason for this quest for Popchips tomorrow as my lack of sleep has made me blog on at the mouth. I will also let you know how they taste. Maybe I should continue to do weekend blogs because when I don't look what happens.

Okay...we're done for today. I am going to eat something and take a nap. I am going to dream about the podcast. I already have a "character" that I am developing. Now I want to talk about the history of media but I won't today. Have a great Washington's birthday but in some cases "do what Washington wouldn't do!" (DWWWD) <----patent/trademark/copyright. TTTT...MITM (off to hushabye mountain?) Thank you Penis Von Lesbian (Dick Van Dyke) - from MIDDLE Danville, Illinois - for that lullaby. And don't call me Leslie!

No comments:

Post a Comment