Tuesday, February 8, 2011

I'll Take Blogging for $1,000 Alex!

 Who did Matt In The Middle see in concert with Journey in 1981 at The Rosemont Horizon? Who is (cue today's theme song)?

I am going to apologize right off the bat because I am writing this blog right after getting home from deplasmification and I am light-headed and have no idea where this is HEADed.

That ought do it!
Today was a tough day over at BioLife; probably even rougher than the day that I sprouted a gusher and moved to Beverly. Remember last time I donated plasma they told me that I should drink more water? I am generally an obedient soldier and follow orders so this morning I drank about 98 ounces of water before heading over there. I figured it would go a little faster if I were well-hydrated but it was terrible. The first 20 minutes went fine though I kept popping the blood pressure cuff with my enormous Lou Ferrigno left bicep - I am not stopping the workouts! The blood plasma cocktails were flowing great but then the 98 ounces in my bladder were not making me gladder. The next 40 minutes became more and more excruciating. I tried to occupy my mind with music and podcasts and reading but nothing worked. Then I started to think to myself, "self, when this is finally over you are gonna be in too much pain to walk the thirty feet to the men's room." I was able to obtain this footage of me during the donation and immediately after the donation . The donation did not go any quicker and I was in pain. To hell with hydration...I would rather die of dehydration than to have to endure that again. The last time I felt this way I was on the way to a Bears' game with my brother-in-law Tom and the traffic was at a standstill (a story for another time). This is why men don't know nothin' 'bout birthin' no babies. I can't even hold my water for 40 minutes without wanting to die. (see how this blog gets so long? The right stuff just keeps happening to me!)

Please let it be The Daily Double!
Tonight at 8:00PM MIDDLE time I am taking a test to become a Jeopardy contestant. I am sure once they see who I am and how well I do I will most likely be put on Celebrity Jeopardy. Okay, that last part was a fib but I really am testing to become a Jeopardy contestant tonight. I don't think you actually find out how well you do until you get a call or an email within a year to move on to the next round which will probably be in Kansas City from what I have been told. I have every addition of Trivial Pursuit ever made so maybe I should start reading through them today? I even have an addition that I won on a radio trivia show that is autographed by Richard Roeper. Yes, THE Richard Roeper! I made my way through college winning trivia contests awarded with Budweiser products and Hall & Oates tickets and the like. I am... what is The Natural? I hope the over-hydration doesn't become an issue. "What is I have to pee?" I will probably be like Charlie Brown and forget how to spell Beagel! I meant Beagle, really!

Go ahead, Have a nice day!
The Matt In The Middle Facebook page is up from seven to eight. One-A-Day Plus Iron! Also, I have Two serial pokers now! Yes, Two! I'll be right back... I gotta pee.

I think I will have fish for lunch because that's brain food. What do you expect they live in schools! OMG I crack my dehydrated, light-headed self up! I can tell that I am a bit light-headed and had better gain my Mattity by tonight (scratch that, reverse it). Have a nice Sub Sub Zero Tuesday. I will blog you again tomorrow with stories of how I was robbed or cheated or something because I am a sore loser - ask anybody; that's one thing that all of my friends would agree upon. That, and that I am incredibly handsome with boyish enthusiasm, charm, pep and wonderment! A Matt has to know his limitations! Who was Clint Eastwood as Inspector Harry Callahan in Dirty Harry? TTTT...who is MITM! Wish me luck!

"Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened!" - Theodor Seuss Geise (Who is Dr. Seuss)

No comments:

Post a Comment