Thursday, February 3, 2011

Happy New Year! (Rabbit-Style)

Hong Kong knows how to party
Happy Chinese New Year (4079)! On this special day you must ask yourself; "what would Hu do?" 2011 is the year of the rabbit according to Chinese astrology which is a lucky sign that means: prosperity, luck and harmony. I was born under the sign of the rabbit too and I seem to have two of those three attributes. The Chinese were smart. They made their zodiac signs relate to the year in which we were born rather than the stars that change. This is another reason that they are taking over the world.  They can't add another year and tell me I am no longer a Virgo but now am a Leo. I'm still bitter about that, obviously. Put 'em up, put 'em up! I always fancied myself more of a scarecrow.

I went over to give plasMATT this morning and the roads were still a little deserted but there are more people out than a couple of days ago. I think I have become one of those guys in a four-wheel-drive that people cuss out and want to see buried up ahead in a snowbank as they tortoise past my year of the rabbit booty. I think that I am a very confident driver and that is the key to doing most anything well. Have confidence in your abilities and move forward. That's my zen advise for today. The kids are out of school again today because of the frigid cold today. I don't think it's nearly as bad as they predicted. I cleaned the street in front of our mailbox when I got back from deplasmification and it wasn't that bad.
This photo is from when I had 10 toes...HANG NINE!
     The plasma place was not very busy today. You remember that I have been turned away for having low protein and above optimum blood pressure but today I was told something that I haven't been told before. I was told that I need to drink more water. I drink A LOT of water as that is one of the four biggest things that I attribute my weight-loss to. I haven't been drinking as much the last couple of days I suppose. That's one of the main things I like about giving plasma...they pay me and they tell me what I need to work on with my vitals/blood. In case you are wondering the top four things I attribute to losing nearly 100 pounds over two years here they are in no particular order: 

I was one fat couch potato (or eggplant?)
Drink lots of water - I add those Lipton powders (zero calories or fat) because I need variety and flavor in my life.
Eat breakfast - I rarely ate breakfast before a couple of years ago but now I do every day (just a small one but enough to kick the fat burning process into gear). Your body thinks it is starving and begins storing fat if you don't eat for a long period of time and throughout the night is long enough to fool our stupid bodies into thinking we're starving.
Get moving - I workout for 1 1/2 - 2 hours every other day. I lift weights, walk a lot, ride the stationary bike (regular bike when it's warmer out and not blizzarding), do a lot of sit ups... Muscle burns fat!
Watch what you eat - I use Weight Watchers as my guideline. I used to attend the meetings - a great way to meet chicks since I was one of the only guys there but that got to be a pain to go to the meetings. I joined the online WW but then stopped because I wasn't going to the site very often after awhile and it became a waste of money. So now I just "measure" my food and count the points on my own.
You dropped a dart on me, baby!
     If you're looking to lose weight or get into shape I think you have to find what works for you. It took me awhile to figure out what worked for me and I do change things up from time to time because variety is the spice of life for me. I sure didn't intend to turn this into health watch blog today but I can't tell my brain what to do...it has a mind of its own.

I guess that has to do it for today. I am never gonna get these blog books emptied if I don't shut my brain down and just copy. Don't tell my brain I am planning this mutiny because she doesn't take very kindly to that thing. I usually trick her with plenty of alcohol; the same way I tricked Sugar Momma. You don't think a hot tamale like Sugar Momma would be with me if I hadn't tranquilized her do you? Shhhhh, it is our little secret and it is, in no way, an admission of guilt or wrong-doing. It is for entertainment purposes only and whatever other mumbo jumbo keeps me out of rugular court and/or divorce court. Enjoy your Peter Cottontail New Year. I'll blog to you tomorrow (Friday - woohoo). TTTT...Rabbit In The Middle (hopping out)!

No comments:

Post a Comment