Saturday, February 5, 2011

You Have to Read this Blog - No Exceptions!

I am feeling a little sentimental and nostalgic this morning so I thought I would blog this way and see how it goes.
The round mound of rebound!
Today is the 19th anniversary of one of my five favorite days of my life. On this night in 1992 The Chicago Bulls played Charles Barkley and the Phoenix Suns and I watched the game. Michael Jordan didn't play that night because he must have been as excited as I was that evening. The Bulls lost 126-114 (I guess they missed Jordan that night). I was watching the game on television in a hospital room waiting for my first child to be born. 10 pound 3 1/2 ounce Splenda arrived late that night. Yes, she was a big baby; now you know how Sugar Momma has put up with me so long. Two weeks ago today was Fabio's fourteenth birthday (another of my top five days of all time). I didn't blog a big deal about his birthday because he even gets mad at me when I tag him in photos on Facebook. I think I may have mentioned it before but one child born on January 22nd and one child born on February 5th, married on April 30th (another of my top 5). Do the math - end of January / first part of February minus 9 months = April 30th. When April 30th is a rockin' don't come a knockin'.

Speaking of basketball I am working a women's game today. The game starts at 3:00PM and Sugar Momma and Fabio (maybe) will be there. I am sure they wouldn't mind signing a few autographs and I am always happy to oblige. Fabio is often a last minute cancellation because of his busy schedule and hisCall of Duty:Black Ops duties which is why his autographs are so valuable on eBay.

There's ALWAYS more than one way!
I am going through my blog notes and I think I am happy most of the stuff I didn't blog. sometimes I wake up in the MIDDLE of the night, as you know, and I scribble stuff in my books that are just stupid. Believe it or not they are even stupid by my standards. But this is doable (TWSS)... I was mentioning to Sugar Momma one day about how I think there are too many people who take following rules too seriously. I am not going to incriminate myself specifically but there have been plenty of times where I have made slight exceptions to rules I was to enforce because it made better sense. Let's say, hypothetically, that it is my responsibility to make sure that you have your shoes tied. I look down and one of your shoes is untied. I then notice that your lace is gone so I make an exception based on the lace missing. I may mention it to you and tell you that I am going to make an exception this time but the next time I see you please have a replacement lace there and have it tied. (stupid analogy I know but that's what came to my pea-brain while I wear lace-less Crocs). There are those that would have made you go home and get a new lace before letting you get past them. There are a lot of people with no common sense. I understand that if the rule is there to protect someone...and someone will be hurt...by not following the rule but that's rarely the case. There are exceptions to every rule PERIOD! (there's probably exceptions to there being "exceptions to every rule" too) Maybe I should be happy that the people who are unable to make decisions don't make exceptions. I am not sure, I can't decide.

That discussion was based on specific incidents and not untied shoelaces but the morning we talked about it the blog waxed prophetic yet again (I really do believe this is a magic 8-blog)...Sugar Momma was on the way to work and decided to stop at out local Starbucks before her long trek to "the valley." She got in drive-thru line, ordered and moved up a bit. When she got up to the window she realized that she didn't have her wallet with her (yes, that old trick). She explained to the guy what had happened and how she didn't want to get out of line and mees everything up. Also. there is no way to get out of the line becasue it is protected my a median. The Starbuckaroo (patent/copyright/trademark) told her she could have her coffee for free. A dude who could think for himself...nice job Buckaroo. Then I thought to my self, "self, maybe that is their rule. They may have to throw it out anyway so they may as well give it for free and build good-will." Either way it was very nice. Sugar Momma and I will use Starbucks much more because of this one act of kindness and thinking outside of the venti box and I don't even drink coffee.

Blog, blog, blog... I gotta get Fabio ready for his basketball practice and me ready for work soon. Have a glorious Saturday and do something fun today. There's the basketball game I am working or a huge snow hill right outside of my window you can climb and sled. If you do that let me knwo and I will stop and get you a venti hot chocolate on my way back to Mattgarita Island. TTFN ('til tomorrow). Yours forever, MITM    Happy Birthday Splenda!!!!!!!!

2 comments: