Wednesday, January 26, 2011

And the Blogger Goes to...

I just got home from a lunch meeting. Now since I got paid to eat lunch I can add a professional (or maybe even competitive) eater to my resume. That, coupled with the music critic and editor/magazine and book critic because I listen to music and read while donating plasma, my resume dance card is getting pretty full. Now I will write this blog and then head to work for a basketball game. I am guessing that it will be running on one of the ESPN's (probably The Ocho) because they were setting up the satellite truck when I was there earlier today.

And the Oscar goes to....
When I got home John Adams was in the mailbox. He looks bigger on television. Speaking of movies, the academy award nominations were announced yesterday. I am going to do my First Annual Academy Awards Prediction Blog tomorrow at Middle Movie Reviews. It will give me something to do while the plasma is being drained and I am getting paid to be a "professional" movie reviewer and clairvoyant (but you can call me Claire). That makes me wonder - why don't they say "and the winner is..." any more? I bet Ricky Gervais knows the answer. In the meantime, here is an Academy award trivia question for you.... "and the question is..."

He won't see you on Facebook!
"With the announcement of Jeff Bridges being nominated for Best Actor for his portrayal of Rooster Cogburn in True Grit he has the chance to make history as one of the two pairs of actors to win the award for playing the same character. John Wayne won the Best Actor Oscar for his portrayal in the original True Grit. Who were the only actors to win Best Actor Academy Awards for playing the same character? The answer is just a click away at MIDDLE MOVIE REVIEWS.

I heard that the Pope made a request that people stop, or at least slow down, on using computer social networks and spending more time with people in person (which probably means come to church). I agree with this to some extent but I know that it will not happen right away although I think the technology will continue to change and Facebook will be different or phased out by another social network someday like MySpace has virtually been. My prediction is that the The Vatican or the Catholic Church will eventually see that this is futile and design their own social network to cash in on the revenue that they are missing out on. My predictions on this blog have been 100% accurate 59% of the time so you know I'm right.

Como?
Recent announcements about Taco Bell in a Montgomery, Alabama lawsuit say that Taco Bell's ads stating that their"meat filling" isn't all meat. REALLY? Is anybody really surprised by this? Maybe Portillo's is smart not to make their nutritional information public (see yesterday's blog). Taco Bell responded with this statement on their website: "Taco Bell prides itself on serving high quality Mexican inspired food with great value. We're happy that the millions of customers we serve every week agree. We deny our advertising is misleading in any way and we intend to vigorously defend the suit." Whatever is in there it always gave me the Runs In My Unders! So now we vegetarians can Run To The Border because there is probably no meat in their "meat filling"? No (that's Spanish for "no")! I still like their potato tacos and I am pretty sure there's no meat in those.

These were all in my notebooks but they weren't from a long time ago, as you noticed. That's why I can never get rid of these notebooks; I can never get them emptied. I should probably start calling them blog books (like a log - "captain's blog"). Whatever I call them they are still full and not getting emptier so tomorrow I will again attempt to get some of the old stuff out of the blog books. I will end with one... "should there really be lint in my dryer's lint trap or does that mean that my vent hose and/or outside vent are plugged? I am gonna start using that lint for something...beginning tomorrow. TTTT (do you think the Pope would be mad if I declared tomorrow the first day of Lint?)... MITM (out)

2 comments:

  1. ESPN3.com and ComCast Sportsnet Chicago

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um....

    Cliff Clavin moment.

    I'm not clicking on the link about the actor/character thing because I know the answer...

    BUT...

    DeNiro actually won for Best Supporting Actor, while (I believe, but cannot verify) logging more screen time than Brando did while earning his Best Actor award.

    Just sayin'.

    Also - a lesser known fact - neither actor who won for playing the role of Vito Corleone was there in person to accept his award. Brando turned his down, sending the Native American in his place.

    ReplyDelete