Friday, January 7, 2011

Hugs and Rainbows (probably false blogsvertising)

One of my better qualities!
I have never been much of a Springsteen fan, I know I am in the minority and don't ask me why because I don't know, but this seems like a good theme song for today... cue the music -

It’s Friday. I am in a bad mood today and it isn’t even my time of the month yet. Is your couch available for the next ten minutes or so? Maybe it’s the pain in my head (jaw, head...) which is better than voices I guess. It’s probably just a MATTer of time. I don’t know what’s wrong. Maybe I have Sugar Momma withdrawal. I just talked to her and she is at the Dallas airport. Her flight gets here at 7:00PM rather than 9:00PM which is nice though the traffic probably would have been better at 9:00PM. I delivered Splenda to Arlington Heights for her trip to Devil’s Head. I am glad it was this time of year because I dropped her off about three blocks north of Arlington International Racetrack. If the horses had been running I probably would have killed the time waiting for Sugar Momma at the track which rarely ends good.

I don’t think sleep is the issue today because I slept pretty well last night. Going on two hours of sleep the previous night probably helped. I worked out in the afternoon with only the two hours under my belt. I also used some of the tips I received from my friend Stacee as well as I got in touch with my old friend Ben that I hadn’t talked to in awhile. You remember him - Ben A. Dryl. Maybe I am entering my blue period or my black period of blogging. I know there is some kind of period to blame for my rotten disposition. So if you ask am I on it I can say yes but I just am not sure which one I am on. In the nearly 1/10th of a decade that I have been writing this blog I have learned one thing about myself to be true....I am one moody mo fo.
One of Hemmingway's favorite waterin' holes

Weren't a lot of the great writers throughout history moody and/or psychotic? Maybe this is my mind and body's way of telling me that I am ready to get those novels written. Maybe I should find an island and sit in a little shanty on the ocean and stay drunk for a month and just write; it looks like such a romantic thing to do in the movies. A lot of great writers were big drinkers too right? I am not that huge of a drinker and when I do get drunk I am a happy lovable drunk. Most of my book ideas are not happy subjects either. I should stay focused on my Mr. Hyde side and start writing. But if I drink I will start writing about hugs and rainbows; there's the title for my happy book - Hugs and Rainbows.  For some reason I just feel like a loser today. Hey, whatever happened to that comic strip The Born Loser?

Speaking of hugs I am pretty sure I am a good hugger but I think I am a lousy kisser. Any moron can hug. Bears can hug. Babies hug. Wrestlers hug. So, of course, I can hug. Maybe I should just go get drunk and be in a better mood and go hug everybody I see. The Matt In The Middle 2011 Hug-a-thon. Why isn’t there any hug-a-thons? Who holds the Guinness Book of World Records for hugs? I may have stumbled across my calling. I guess it's not much of a calling if I don't even know who the current record-holder is.

I got the new Victoria Secrets catalog in the mail today. How in the heck did I get on their mailing list? I’m not complaining - just wondering. Someone must know that I like to keep up with the current fashions; this one appears to be the swimsuit/beach edition. Courtney Cox's hair was way too short in that video. (that's what we in the blogging business call a "call back")

Now I go to publish this and there’s something wrong with our router or the connection or something (The Born Loser). I started writing it about 1:45PM and who knows if I will get it up today (TWSS). I've seen that stupid Verizon or Frontier Communications truck up and down the road outside of our subdivision for about two weeks...grrrrrrr.  I hope you had/are having a nice Friday. I will try to blog tomorrow between basketball games and such. I have to believe Harper College has Wifi huh? TTT next time...MITM (crabbed-out).

2 comments:

  1. Hey dude please don't hug me the next time I stop by. :-) Tom

    ReplyDelete