Monday, January 24, 2011

Baby Bear Steps!

Today's theme song (Jonathon Brandmeier played this all the time because he was a cheese-head and it always cracked me up!)

I don't know if you missed me this weekend or if you even noticed that I haven't blogged since Friday. It wasn't by design at first but then when I didn't blog Saturday I decided to wait until today. So, to my Facebook friend Bruce wolf who is thinking of starting a blog I offer you this advise. Don't bother blogging on the weekends because very few people read those blogs anyway. I think most people read my blog from their workplaces or while they are drinking their coffee getting ready for work. That's my lobotomy line on blogging.

More like dipped in Cheese-Whiz
So, I guess there was some big sports deal that went on in the MIDDLEwest yesterday. Fabio's basketball tournament got canceled (apparently his birthday is now an official holiday) because of the MIDDLEwestern Bowl (Bears vs. Packers) so I ended up working a college basketball game that was moved up from 3:00PM to noon to also accommodate the Bears/Packers NFC Championship game. You know that I predicted the Packers would win here last week and now I am actually glad they did. I got so tired of hearing Bears this and Mars Cheese Castle that. Now we can just live our lives and blame Jay Cutler for everything. I like Jay Cutler though I am not necessarily a Bears' fan. I grew up in the 70's so I like the Steelers and the Dolphins (the powerhouses of my yute). Remember how crazy excited all of you were when you heard Cutler was going to be a Bear and how you couldn't believe it? He got you to the NFC Championship!  People have been dogging Cutler for the last two seasons. You think they would have been happy that he was knocked out of the game but instead they make him out as the reason that the Bears lost. You get what you want and then you complain about that. He was the only one who knows how his knee felt and as a competitor I am POSITIVE he wanted to be out there with a chance to bring the team back to a victory. Don't worry, the Cubs will be playing soon and their miserable play will make you forget all about Da Bears! I don't mean it to seem like am bashing the Bears and the Cubs because I am not. I always blog about how I love passion in people so I have to say that I admire the Bears and the Cubs fans for their passion though I may not agree with their choices.

They're gonna be in Augusta Feb 10th!
So, by Fabio's tournament getting rescheduled I also got to work a rock concert called Winter Jam Saturday night. Wow, you want to talk about passion... there were nearly 10,000 people packed into our stadium praising their LORD! There were ten musical acts playing to the packed crowd. Though these people were many they were among the nicest, most well-behaved large group that I have ever been a witness to. I hope this show returns next year because, though it was a lot of work, the people there made it a joy to work and I would definitely volunteer to work it again next year. The final/feature act of the night was Newsboys (I guess I am now an evangelist by sharing their message there <----- St. Matthew In The Middle). I had heard a couple of their songs on the radio and I didn't even know they were a Christian group. They were really good and I was happy I was there to receive their message I guess. At the end of their show their drummer was on a lift that hoisted him with his entire drum kit and turned him and it completely sideways in the air and spun around while he was playing. He was doing complete 360's sideways while playing...it was amazing; I would have puked or dropped a drumstick or something. Then, after their show, they all went out into the lobby and signed autographs for about an hour until everybody who wanted an autograph got one.. Maybe somebody upstairs planned for the Bears game to make Fabio's tournament get canceled so I could volunteer to work the concert and the basketball game and I am on the way to being saved...baby steps.

Well, this blog is totally different than I pictured it going because I didn't use my notes at all so I should have it easy blogging the rest of the week. Now, to do more laundry, put away the dishes I (the dishwasher) just washed and work-out. I am truly a domestic Zeus and I will never, never let Sugar Momma forget she's a WOman! Have a nice Bears' mournful manic Monday. TTTT...MITM (aus)!

No comments:

Post a Comment