Friday, January 28, 2011

I Have a New Hero!

Today started off a little rocky. Over the last couple of weeks I have been getting spoiled to sleep all the way to 5:00AM. This is mainly due, I think, to me taking two Benadryls (ca-ching) each night about an hour or two before I want to fall asleep. I did the same last night and fell asleep fine but at 3:00AM I was awake. I think and hope the reason was because the television downstairs was left on all night by someone (through past experiences I will blame Sugar Momma though this is merely circumstantial) very loudly. I am pretty sure that I have some kind of allergies and the Benadryl (ca-ching-again) has been helping me reach the morning alarm for the past 13 out of 14 days. We'll see tonight.

This morning I worked out because I have to work at 3:00PM. We are hosting the big cross-cornfield basketball rivalry of Dekalb High School vs. Sycamore High School; both the girls teams and the boys teams. I will know quite a few people there tonight and I hope they don't make me throw them out. You other workout types...is it better to take protein before or after workouts? I hear and read different stories. Today I took it after for the first time and I will see if that makes a difference after a couple of weeks.
The other night I worked a men's college basketball game and there were five National Basketball Association (NBA) scouts at the game. We have been having NBA scouts at every game because the men have the third leading college scorer on their team right now. I just heard on one of the sports stations that they expect he will be drafted by the NBA in the first or second round. The NBA teams that were represented the other night were: Chicago, Dallas, Miami, Charlotte (MJ's team) and Boston - Cleveland didn't show. I am not telling any private information because this was also broadcast of the television coverage of the game that night. If it hadn't been I wouldn't have blogged it right there. Come on out to a game and see me and a future NBA player all for one price.


Gil Meche - my new sports hero!
Speaking of the NBA, Chicago Bulls' guard Derek Rose was named to the starting NBA All-Star team. He is the first Bulls' starter in the all-star game since Michael Jordan (His Airness). It was also reported that Rose, 22, has two stomach ulcers. In a related story (you will see how I relate them in a minute) Kansas City Royals' pitcher Gil Meche retired today. Normally this doesn't sound like news but the 32-year-old Meche is retiring because they want to pay him $12,000,000 per year. That's right, the reason he is retiring is because the Royals want to may him 12 million dollars a year starting this season. Meche said that, "I wasn't earning my money." Finally, someone in sports who is teaching our children integrity rather than greed. I don't know if I could have turned down $666,000 a day for a season where most of the time I was sitting on the bench. He is a MUCH better person that I am. Here comes the tie-in...Sugar Momma pointed out that maybe he doesn't want the pressure and scrutiny that $12,000,000 would bring. I don't know what Derek Rose makes but maybe the enormous pressure of his position has given him these ulcers. Be watching for Gil Meche because he will turn up somewhere. Talk shows for sure probably for free. Maybe he will work a deal that will be incentive-based and get paid by performance and rejoin the Royals. I applaud Gil Meche and hope this starts a trend in our professional sports, especially given our current economy in the USA. I hope he comes back for the money he feels is fair; our children need heroes  and role-models like this man.

That went too far too quickly again and it turned into a sports blog. It's Friday and I haven't decided if I will take the weekend off of blogging or not. If even one of you tells me that you will read it I will blog Saturday and Sunday. I should save my best stuff (like any of my lunacy could be called "best") and do them on the weekends. Enjoy the rest of you Friday and come on out and see hundreds of screaming kids at my work tonight. That's why I don't work in marketing.... TTTT (or Monday depending on you)...MITM (off).

No comments:

Post a Comment