Monday, January 17, 2011

Blog at Last, Blog at Last...

Four months ago I stood on this historical spot where Dr. King spoke!
Happy Martin Luther King Junior's birthday. It seems weird wishing everybody happy birthday on MLK day. Unless you are Betty White because it really is her birthday today. Martin Luther King Jr. is one of those people in history that I am a huge fan of. He knew what he believed in and he knew what he knew was right and he "fought," and died, for his beliefs and the betterment of humanity. Did you know his real first name was Michael but he changed it to Martin? Martin sounds much more dignified I think but that may be because that's how I know him and he exuded dignity. He is best known for the peaceful march on Washington D.C. where he delivered his famous "I Have a Dream" speech. He became the youngest person to win the Nobel Peace Prize and when he won he donated all of the money that came with the prize to further the civil rights movement. What a great, unselfish humanitarian he was. His dream is coming closer to becoming reality but we still have a long way to go. Do your part to help.

Last night was the Golden Globe Awards. How does Sofia Vergara not win an award called a Golden Globe? I guess they figured she already has two. badoom ching

Dr. King's view (less 250,000)
I am not much of a church-goer, as you know, but President Obama might be getting me to reconsider my stance on organized religion. He has partially lifted the ban on visiting Cuba and one of the groups that can go there are church groups that are going there for religious reasons. If you are a member of a church that is going to Cuba please consider me as a convert, at least temporarily, to your religion. I will help you spread the word to this beautiful un-Americanized country. I have always wanted to visit Cuba and I want to get there before commercialization ruins the beauty. I have never wanted to go through Canada or Mexico to get there as I do value my United States citizenship and I am too stupid to be a man without a country who does all of my thinking for me. Churches are always looking for recruiting tools...this idea I give you for free; well, not totally free since you have to take me to Cuba. I bet Cuba Libres taste a lot better in Cuba. A Cuba Libre is really just a fancy name for a rum and coke.

"Prediction? Pain!"
While Sugar Momma and I were at our hotel getaway for a couple of days we worked out in their gorgeous workout room. It was a huge room with rubber floors. I am used to rubber rooms but this was only rubber floors. The walls were not rubber and two of the walls were floor to ceiling glass windows so we could watch the world go by while we worked out. We worked out  in the MIDDLE of the day so we had the whole place to ourselves. Every piece of equipment had a television built-in. That was two days ago. Last night was workout time again and I felt like Rocky Balboa when he was training for his rematch with Clubber Lang (Mr. T.) in Rocky III and he returned to the old way of training in the little cramped gym. I had gone from training like the World Heavyweight Champion for one day to training like a MIDDLE-aged fighter again. I like the Champ workout better. Last night Sugar Momma worked out with me again and even Fabio came down to pump some iron. Not to be left out, our tough little Yorkiepoo Maisy hung out as our mascot. I am very proud of Sugar Momma. Since her surgery, now that she is feeling like a real person again, she has joined Weight Watchers and is working hard to be healthier. She sees how it has changed me for the better and she wants to be "free at last, free at last..."

I know this next prediction is not going to be very popular with many of you MIDDLERS, unless you are upper-MIDDLERS (except for my upperMIDDLER buddy Brian who will dislike my prediction too), but I think the Green Bay Packers are going to go to The Super Bowl. Don't worry, I am wrong more than I am right so you Bears' fans have that on your side.

I had more typed but moved it to another page for tomorrow's blog. I guess I really like blogging.  Honor Dr. King today by being tolerant of others and opening your mind to all of us living together in harmony. I know that's what my good friend Corey Feldman is doing today. TTTT...MITM (free at last).

No comments:

Post a Comment