Wednesday, January 5, 2011

I Would Gladly Pay You Twosday for a Sawbuck Today!

I have a different definition of the word "free"
cue the music
Have you seen the commercials for the new two dollar bills? They are honoring the National Parks which I think is awesome but the commercial I am talking about is selling two of the new uncirculated two dollar bills for $10. I have never been very strong at math but that doesn't seem like a very good deal to me. I give you $10 and you will give me back $4? On top of that there is shipping and handling. I know I am not the sharpest knife in the drawer but even I know what snake oil looks like. Speaking of that...would you like to buy some snake oil? I would gladly pay TWOsday for a sawbuck today.

Sugar Momma will be back in a couple of days. Does anyone know how to get panda fur out of corduroy?

I have kind of always been a fan of The Onion in print. If you are not familiar, it's the fake news stories and such that poke fun of the news and all of us. For you MIDDLERS it's like a rip-off of the old show we used to watch when HBO (not HMO like I have heard several beyond-MIDDLERS call it) was young called Not Necessarily The News. Getting back to The Onion - there are two new shows beginning very soon The Onion Network (news) on IFC and Onion Sportsdome (sports) on Comedy Central. I think a little is going to go a long way with these shows and they will grow tiresome very quickly. I am basing this on seeing nothing of these shows, however. Just my usual media prognostication.

Think outside the box! (patent/copyright/trademark)
Last night was Fabio's school basketball banquet. It was nice. He's at the age where he still loves to get trophies and all of the accolades...wait a minute, he's a male - he will never outgrow that now that I blog of it. We dudes are so shallow and easily amused. Anyway, he received the award, and a trophy, for most steals and assists for the season. I guess that's what you want from a Point Guard - someone who assists and gets the ball back. The banquet was kind of a potluck type deal where everybody brings a dish to pass. I have come to the realization over the past couple of years that people at potlucks don't appreciate culinary genius. The last couple of years I had noticed people bringing pizzas and stuff that they just picked up on the way so I thought to myself "self, maybe we should go that route." I didn't want to do pizza because that is so 2010 so Fabio suggested Taco Bell. We stopped and got 24 tacos - 12 hard and 12 soft (TWSS) instead. When we got there there were 25 pizzas. No exaggeration. Our tacos were gone almost immediately and by the end of the night there were about seven whole pizzas left. Live and learn people...think outside of the box (what a great anti-pizza slogan I just invented there by accident). Now tonight is the second travel basketball practice and their first tournament is Saturday and Sunday. I also work another basketball game tonight. When did my life become all about basketball?

I'd Buy That For A Dollar!
Splenda and I are going over to visit with my parents today. My grandma was a bit of an artist and my mom has a drawing that my grandma did while she was in junior high school that she wants Splenda to see. I guess it's because Splenda is a graphic design major and she showed my parents some of her sketches at Christmas time - the fuse was lit. They are also going to give Splenda my grandma's old easel that she did her paintings on. It should be nice. That's my two dollars worth for today. So, that being blogged...I am off like a prom dress to get ready to head East. Have a great Hump Day and thanks for stopping by again. I always enjoy blogging with you. TTTT...MITM (let me know about that panda fur thing will ya?)

No comments:

Post a Comment