Sunday, January 30, 2011

The Winners (losers?) of "Win A Date With MITM" are...

Remember when $2.99/gallon was a lot?
Well, I blogged yesterday and 20 of you read it. That's a little less than the 60 - 70 that usually read it every day during the week but that's more than I expected, actually, so thank you; you make it worth blogging. I just got home from Fabio's basketball tournament and they are still without a win on the young season. They look much better, though, and they didn't get blown out in any of their three games today. Fabio finally started shooting, and hitting, in the last game. I don't know why he wasn't shooting more in the two early games but Coach Todd and I both spoke to him and told him not to worry about missing because that's what the forwards, the big guys down low,  are for. But he usually hits more than he misses so he should shoot. He is a shooting guard and a shooting guard should shoot, always. Fire at will dude...you have the green light.

Knowing we were going to Roscoe I didn't add fuel before we went. The gas station at the exit we take there always has lower gas prices than here; it's near the Illinois/Wisconsin border (Bears/Packers....too soon?). Today it was 10 cents cheaper than here and we are 10 cents cheaper than the Fox Valley. So, I filled up there and brought it back here.

Do you mind if we dance wif yo dates?
As you may have read in yesterday's blog I went to dinner and a movie with two of the best broads I know (I know a lot of great dames though - that's a clue to which move we saw). We ate at Outback Steakhouse and then went to the Hollywood Palms cinema. For dinner I had the salmon which was very good. Then we went to the theater and we decided on The King's Speech (get it? Great dames?). I am not going to tell you anything about the movie or the theater right now because I am going to review them tonight and/or tomorrow at MIDDLE MOVIE REVIEWS. I would do it right now but I am sleepy after being out until about 11:00 and then being on the road again this morning at 7:00 (up at 5:30 because I didn't want to stink). The Fun Girls took a lot out of me  - "that's right doll!" Talk about a coupla hot tamales! I want to review them properly. I don't want to review them too fast or too slow...maybe more like half fast.

Tonight is the NFL Pro Bowl. What a waste of time. My brother lives in Hawaii so he is happy it's back there this year. He has gone to the game pretty much every year it has been there since about 1989 or so. I am sure it is pretty cool if you are there in person but it's kind of a waste on television. Actually, even blowing your nose is pretty cool in Hawaii. And, now that the game is the week before the Super Bowl the players from the two best teams of this season (this year that is the Packers and the Steelers) don't even play. It should be called "the Pro Bowl less some of the best players in the NFL because they have an actual important game to play next weekend." 

I just received the comic to the right on my Facebook from my life-long buddy John. You may remember him as one of the three angels that visited me (sent me the Christmas music) over the holiday and helped convince me that there really is a Spirit of Christmas and made my small heart grow three sizes. I think the comic speaks for itself...I know I will probably smoke a turd in Hell for this blog but I figure I will know more people there.

TTTT (or tonight if I review The King's Speech or Hollywood Palms Cinema). I will let you know when my review(s) are ready. Enjoy the rest of your Sunday and have a nice nap when the Pro Bowl comes on... MITM (signing off)  TA!

No comments:

Post a Comment