Tuesday, January 25, 2011

MITM - The Founding Father's Addition

I am going to try to empty some of my thoughts from over the past few weeks as they were written in my notebooks. Some of the things I blog today may be dated but if I don't write them now they will be as dated as The Dead Sea Scrolls (that would be kinda funny if it weren't so stupid).

What would Blogo do?
Did you see that the biggest city in the MIDDLEwest is playing Chicago politics again? Rahm Emanuel, President Obama's Chief of Staff who left that office to pursue a run for mayor of Chicago, has been taken off of the ballot by a court in Illinois because he didn't reside in Illinois for the past two years? I have mixed feelings about this. Firstly, a rule is a rule I guess but he still had a house here and he was helping to run our government. I am guessing that he knew more about what was going on in Chicago than most, if not all of, the other people that are running for mayor. So, they protest him and take out the candidate that, in my opinion, would do the most for the city based on the other candidates. I am sure it will go to the Illinois Supreme Court and it will be over-turned and he will be allowed to run and he will be the next mayor of Chicago even if he is a write-in candidate. All the while, costing the tax-payers thousands and thousands of dollars. I hear Al Capone is voting for Harold Washington though.

Nutritious? Very doubtful given the secrecy!
Now that Sugar Momma is on Weight Watchers she is becoming very aware of what she is eating and she is wanting and needing to know nutritional information. She loves Portillo's (that is a MIDDLE - well, Chicago area, beef/hot dog place). If you're interested...they do not have nutritional information available. Check that Portillo's website link I provided and see that they say "we don't have nutritional information available at this time." I thought that restaurants had to provide this information. Splenda, who has been a vegetarian a lot longer that I, loved their french fries. One time when she ordered them the woman who was taking her order asked if she was a vegetarian. When Splenda told her that she was the lady told her that she was also a vegetarian and that their fries are cooked in their meat drippings. Splenda was mortified and would never have known if not for a fellow vegetarian "spy." we should have pressed this Benedict Arnold for more info but we were not aware of the Mickey D's secret sauce or the KFC original recipe conspiracy at that time.
How much do you suppose John Hancock's John Hancock is worth?
Why are autographs worth money? Where did this start? Was it John Hancock? Supposedly the most valuable autographs are William Shakespeare and Abraham Lincoln. As far as living people the most valuable, according to an ebay auction, is Neil Armstrong's which is worth $6500.. Why? I bet Jack LaLanne's autograph value just went up. (boo, hiss, TOO SOON! TOO SOON!)

Today on the way back from donating plasma I returned a library book to the DeKalb Public Library that was due March 7, 2007 - oops. I am guessing my library card won't work anymore; I was surprised that they were still there actually. Good thing I blog faster than I read. Thank goodness for the internet.

I have been watching John Adams (the HBO mini-series) via Netflix for the past few weeks. It is not available on the "instant view" option and the discs are broken up into three different discs/mailing. I have watched the first two discs which included episodes I through V and now I am awaiting the final disc. It is really, really good. The reason I mention it is that there is a rumor that Netflix is going to stop the mailing portion of their program. I don't know if that means the good movies will be available for instant viewing or they won't have the newer movies or the price will go up or what? I also heard that there is talk of about half of the post offices in the country may be closing soon. Is there a correlation here? Remember how I blogged that I thought the USPS owned Netflix or visa versa? Curiouser and curiouser. I hope my autographed copy of John Adams arrives tomorrow before this rumor comes to fruition.

Okay...too long (TWSS). That didn't even make a dent in my notebooks. Unless something big happens tonight I will continue to blog the Old Testament of my notes sprinkled with some new stuff on the morrow. Have a great Toothday. TTTT...MITM (outta here)

No comments:

Post a Comment