Friday, January 21, 2011

Respect the Gravity of this Blog!

I have had an action-packed day so now I am going to write a quick blog so people can read it before they head home from work. This blog was just voted America's 27th most popular work distraction...thank you for that.

Lou's only flaw is that he is a Cubs fan
This morning I went with Sugar Momma to work. When we were on our two-day mini get-away we went to a Macy's furniture outlet store and bought a couple of pieces of furniture. It was such a good deal that we bought them and I said "we'll figure out how to get them home later." They gave us a week to pick them up. I figured they would miracle themselves to our house. One of the great things about me is that I am incredibly impulsive most of the time. One of the worst things about me is that I am incredibly impulsive most of the time. They would deliver the furniture (and they said they would schedule the delivery if we didn't pick them up within a week - which was today). I knew I had this to fall back on but the delivery charges were about two-thirds again the cost of the furniture. Sugar Momma works with our good friend Lou who has a truck that he said I could borrow which is why I went with Sugar Momma to work on the coldest day in the history of recorded temperatures. So, Sweet Lou let me use his Dodge Ram V8 pick-up with big over-sized mudder tires to haul the furniture back home. I felt pretty invincible in his truck...very nice truck. The guy at Macy's helped me load it and let me use "all the rope I wanted" to tie it down. I tied it down and headed West while my fingers burned from being outside in negative 24 degree wind chills tying furniture down. When I arrived with the furniture at home I unloaded it myself. I felt like Buffalo Bill in Silence of the Lambs when he was "trying" to load the coach in the van by himself. SPOILER ALERT - except I was not intending to make a woman suit if someone helped me. Isaac Newton helped me unload the furniture though. Thank you Lou...I love you!
You gotta love gravity

Today was garbage day. I didn't know if it was going to go today or not because of Martin Luther King's birthday Monday. We took it out anyway, just in case. I would rather have it sit on the curb for an extra day than in our garage for an extra week. So, the garbage man did come. Why is Martin Luther King Day not a garbage-pickup holiday?

When I was driving out to Fox Valley Mall area and back to MIDDLE cornfield-land I couldn't help but seeing a treasure chest full of Gold for Cash stores. When did all of these blood-sucking stores pop-up? I suppose they do help some people get through rough financial times but they also make it too easy for people to do things they will probably regret one day. I sold a bunch of great sports cards when Sugar Momma and I first got married about 24 years ago. I still regret it from time to time.

Okay it's about quarter to five on Friday and I have to post this so you have time to read it before you shut down your computer for the weekend. I will blog you again tomorrow because my notebook is jam-packed. Have a great Friday night - tomorrow is Fabio's birthday (the big 14). TTTT...MITM (out).

No comments:

Post a Comment