Thursday, January 13, 2011

Get Your Christmas Goose Early!

Why the baseball cap?
cue the music

Happy Friday!!!! I have to leave for work in about 20 minutes or so, so this blog will probably be like most of them; quick and incoherent. Yesterday I worked from 5 - 5:30 and today I was scheduled to work at 5:00 again but as I was leaving I was told that I didn't need to come in today until "a little before 6:00" today. It didn't matter to me one way or another at the time but I didn't have to try to rush through the blog last thing. Now I can rush through it this morning instead. I am scheduled to work until probably 6 or 7 tonight but I am hoping I can convince the other supervisor that I am working with this afternoon to let me go early because Sugar Momma and I have an adventure planned this evening. Since he comes in at noon I am sure he will be on board. I can't tell you about the adventure now because then you wouldn't have any surprises to look forward to tomorrow.

Yesterday at the Farm Show I think I saw more baseball caps than there were during the entire baseball All-star weekend. That includes the home run derby and all of the pre-game festivities as well as the All-star game itself. I am talking about players and fans both. Yesterday was all about pick-up trucks and baseball caps. I did not see one cowboy hat. Come on farmers...we want cowboy hats! (well, I do)

The other day while we were up in Palatine for Fabio's basketball tournament my lips were chapped and I discovered that I didn't have my Matty Chapstick with me. I asked Sugar Momma if I could use hers so she handed me this stuff called Burt's Bees. I removed the cap and looked at it and it was brownish. I asked he, "this isn't tinted r something is it? It goes on clear right?" she told me it was clear so I rubbed it on my lips liberally like you do with Chapstick. I looked in the mirror and I looked like John Candy in Armed and Dangerous. Looks like someone got his Christmas Goose early! Her and Fabio are still laughing about it six days later. Besides that I looked FABULOUS and the speed bumps on my lips were smooth.

Geez, the time goes fast when you're blogging. Luckily, I showered and got dressed before I started because this blog is winding down. The Farm Show waits for no MATT! I am going to have to wrap up. Tomorrow's blog will be more thought-out and blog-worthy I think. Gotta go and make the bacon (I don't eat bacon but that sounded farmerish to me). I will blog you again tomorrow from my "adventure." The next blog should be Indiana Jones Temple of Doom blog worthy (yeah, right). TTTT...MITM (off like my wifi was - before it finally got fixed)

No comments:

Post a Comment