Monday, January 3, 2011

"Temporary" Blog Tax Considered

"I am here Whoopi"
Everybody is back to work and the youngsters are back in school and the World is right again. Sugar Momma is probably in or near Dallas by now; I dropped her at the airport in plenty of time for her flight. Just got a text - "I am here whoopie." Maybe that text was meant for Whoopi Goldberg, I thought I had better write this blog now so I can get a shower before work soon enough for my Blog Van Winkle hair and beard to have time to dry.

After I had been home for awhile from the airport this morning Sugar Momma texted me from the plane  "and we're off." Not thirty seconds after I received that text the power in the entire house went out. I immediately called Com-Ed and reported the outage as it is winter and things get cold in a hurry. I had a hard time getting a cell signal and feared that the Mayan calendar may have been off by one year and everything was falling apart. Did the Mayans take leap years into account? A few of my neighbors called me and asked if we were without power as it appeared the entire neighborhood was. The power came back on and after about ten minutes went out again for about another half hour. Why do I always rack my brain to think if I forgot to pay a bill when stuff like that happens? I always pay the bills and I do it on line so I know it isn't "lost in the mail" but I always want to think everything is because of something I did or didn't do. Okay Sugar Momma message received...I will be good while you're gone. "And we're off" didn't mean what I originally thought it meant - that you control all things - even the power from hundreds of miles away. It should have said "and YOU'RE off." Her far-reaching powers never cease to amaze me.
Ditka for Governor...at least he's honest!

While we were driving to the airport they were talking on the radio about the 5% "temporary" tax increase they are trying to put through in Illinois. Who are they trying to fool? Will that be like the TEMPORARY tollway system that keeps expanding every year?  The tollways were suppose to pay for the road construction. The lottery was suppose to go toward edjamaction...where we are behind the rest of the World. And now, with the educations you have given us with the lottery money we are still supposed to be stupid enough to believe that when you put through this TEMPORARY" tax increase it will actually be a temporary increase? It will probably be a temporary increase because the permanent increase after this one will replace the temporary one.

Over the holiday I watched several older movies that everybody has probably seen but me. I watched Breakfast at Tiffany's and Requiem of a Heavyweight (Mickey Rooney double-feature) and I also watched Hoop Dreams. I liked all of them. I thought that I swelled to about 52% estrogen with Breakfast at Tiffany's but it went back down to 47% when I watched Requiem and Hoop Dreams. I have a friend who played basketball at Marshall High School in Chicago (one of the major schools in Hoop Dreams) and I Facebooked her about it telling her that I thought of her. I will probably see her tonight when I pick up Fabio from basketball practice and I will ask her if she was there when they were filming that movie; she is younger than I am and I am guessing it was about her time. I may have an original piece/interview for MIDDLE MOVIE REVIEWS in the making?

Time to go...blog too long and shower is calling. A night of basketball for me. I am working a college game and then picking up Fabio at his first travel basketball practice of the year at 10:00PM. His first tournament is in Palatine Saturday and Sunday so I hope they learn a lot tonight and Wednesday. Blog you tomorrow. TTTT...MITM (around the rim and just a bit off target - TWSS).

No comments:

Post a Comment