Saturday, January 15, 2011

Hi Ho Hi Ho...it's back to work I go! (part-time still)

Good Saturday morning to you. If you're reading this Saturday afternoon or Saturday night - good Saturday afternoon or Satuday night to you. Good whatever it is right now while you're reading this to you. I woke up today still in the Hotel Arista after a night of eating more food than I have eaten in any entire week for the past year.
Best dessert I have ever had
You may ask yourself, "why would a vegetarian have dinner at the World-famous Morton's Steak House?" I like to test my resolve sometimes. I did not stop eating meat because I do not like meat; I do like the taste of meat. Particularly steak and a tasty burger. Morton's was an ultimate test. Sugar Momma and I went with our friends MADYM and MisterYM. They are Morton's V.I.P.'s so they know the tricks and secrets to having a great Morton's experience. Sugar Momma and I got a little known deal where we each got a steak and shrimp, 2 sides, a salad, and dessert for far-less than you would normally pay. For my salad I got the lettuce wedge topped with blue cheese. I didn't pay close enough attention when it was described to me as it came with bacon bits sprinkled on top. I just pushed the bacon to the side as best as I could. The salad was easily a half of a head of lettuce. At least I was smart enough not to have any bread - dieting has helped me with that for sure. The salad was amazingly good (I love blue cheese - big fan of mold I am...where do you think penicillin came from?). Normally I would have probably stopped eating there but a lot more came. Holy crap both of my feet are asleep. Excuse me for a moment while I walk around my luxury hotel room on pins and needles to stop the tingling. Wow, that was slightly painful. Then the main course came. Even though they are a steak house they were kind enough to let me substitute the steak for sea bass. The shrimp was fantastic. Other than the texture difference if I hadn't known differently I would have guessed my shrimp was lobster. Easily the best shrimp I have ever had. I had never had sea bass before but it was very good with a pineapple chutney or salsa on top. Our sides were baked potatoes and grilled asparagus with drizzled balsamic vinegar. I will begin grilling asparagus as soon as grilling season is open. Then came the desserts. I don't normally order dessert anymore but it was part of the deal and I worked out before dinner so what the heck. I had the hot chocolate cake. It was like a little chocolate bundt cake filled with a kind of a warm chocolate pudding. It was the most amazing dessert I have ever had. Maybe it was easy to impress here as I don't eat desserts much anymore but when Sugar Momma, who had the apple pie, tasted my chocolate cake she made the "O" face. Then we got Bailey's Irish Cream though Sugar Momma had Frangelico. The final bill was $400 with tip for the four of us. It sounds like a lot, and it is I guess, but we never do this sort of thing and I failed to mention all of the drinks we had during and before the meal. Without the drinks we would have saved about $130. Now I have to go work two basketball games today to pay for the appetizers. I didn't take photos because I left my camera in my coat which was in the coat check room - I am such a moron. Thanks for not arguing.

Morton's Sea Bass
Since that restaurant review took so long I will have to blog about the remainder of our get-away from not away tomorrow. We went out for a while after dinner too. Tomorrow is a sad day as Splenda goes back to school. I think she will be happy to be back at school.We drive her crazy now I think. That's what families are for though right? Have a nice Saturday. If you are looking for something to do today come on out and watch an entire day of college basketball. I'll autograph your program for you :) TTTT...MITM  (sorry if there are typos today - I am using the little computer that the "r's" don't work very well. I tried to catch them but all of a sudden time is running out.)

No comments:

Post a Comment