Wednesday, July 28, 2010

We're Ready To Believe You!

It wasn't long ago when I ate lunch in the cemetery with Joseph Glidden on the steps of his crypt. I hope he remembers and how respectful I was when we try to contact him on October 30th. I have to do some more research but our subdivision may be where his farm was. He may have invented barbed wire where my front yard is now? I just mention that because I have spent a lot of last night (Tuesday) trying to find a Medium to perform our seance. Hopefully the Dekalb County Paranormal Society is going to hook me up. If I have to perform the seance myself the great beyond will never be the same.

Tuesday night I duplicated the Caprese Panini Sugar Momma had for lunch Sunday. It couldn't have been easier with my sweet numchuck skills. I guess mine, since I cooked them on the grill, were more like Caprese Grilled Cheese Sandwiches rather than Paninis. While I was grilling them the gas ran out. Fortunately, when our friends moved to Oregon last year they left me two of their gas tanks (thank you Steve and Maria). I was like a pit crew member swapping out that tank. I was a one-man Barbecue Pit Crew (patent/trademark/copyright) and the grill was still hot when I got the new tank installed. I know you want to know how to make these and I want to include my photos so here it is (I will put it over there ----> too: Ingredients you will need: good loaf of bread (I used Italian bread), mozzarella cheese, pesto sauce, basil leaves, extra virgin olive oil, tomatoes. And here we go: slice the bread and brush extra virgin olive oil on both sides of each slice. Clean and separate basil leaves. Slice tomatoes. Grate Cheese. Lightly grill one side of each slice of bread. Flip the bread when lightly toasted. After flipping the bread spread pesto on the toasted side and top with shredded cheese while the other side toasts. Once the second side is toasted and the cheese is starting to melt remove it from the grill and top with two slices of tomato side-by-side and put a basil leaf on each tomato slice. Remove another slice of the toast with the pesto and cheese mixture from the grill and place it cheese/pesto side down on top of the tomato and basil'd toast to form a sandwich. Done! Very simple and amazingly delicious (sorry Brian I didn't have any pork chops again). I may have to do a vegetarian cookbook soon. Next time I will make my own pesto rather than using the jarred kind (maybe) because you can't have canned products in a proper cookbook. Gordon Ramsay would have my butt!

I think one of my best friends might be gone. Roz played for me Tuesday while I was grocery shopping but now she won't turn on or even charge. I didn't drop here or anything but she won't respond. She's hooked up to the monitors (i-tunes) but there is no sign of life. I don't know what I will do without her. My son has the same i-pod but his is blue and he doesn't use it so I am sure I could confiscate his and he wouldn't even know but I do like the pink (and I love Roz). Maybe she's sleepy. I think if I do take the blue one I will call him Robert Johnson (that fits with the whole death and great-beyond theme here too).

Why am I consumed with the after-life and seances lately? There must be spirits waiting to cross-over in a couple of months and I am the new P.T. Barnum of the after-life building up their show. I decided what I will wear the night of the seance. I think I am going to dress like the Stay-Puft Marshmallow Man. Or maybe Vince Clortho Keymaster of Gozer (I cannot believe that just flowed from my head - there IS something supernatural going on here).who the heck remembers Vince Clortho without intervention from the spirit world?

Alright that's enough for today (this is actually being written Tuesday night and I believe I am getting a bit tired - I will post Wednesday morning though). Have a nice Wednesday. I'll blog you again soon.

** stay puft marshmallow man released from indigoclothong.com **

No comments:

Post a Comment