Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Back To The Grind!

Sugar Momma's staycation is over so it's back to the grind. I cannot believe the list of things I am behind on and have to do today. I have to do this blog, laundry is getting behind again, there's a slow leak on one of the 4Runner's tires so I have to change a tire, bills are getting backed up, I have to help some friends load a semi trailer in their driveway because they are moving, get Splenda to finish her graduation thank-you's, keep an eye out (no pun intended) for Sugar Momma's red glasses, the house is very cluttered because of staycation, we have baseball practice tonight because play-offs begin Monday, it's workout day, the garage is a disaster, Splenda's moped needs mechanical assistance....that will get me started. Thanks for indulging me by letting me list that so I can come back here off and on today to remember what I have to get done.

Yesterday for Sugar Momma's last day of staycation we met our friend Mary at a fairly new winery near us in Maple Park. If you've been out to our neck of the MIDDLEwest you've probably seen the vineyard on Route 38 / Lincoln Highway at Meredith Road. The winery is called Acquaviva Winery and is directly across Lincoln Highway from the vineyard. I just checked their website and it doesn't have much on it yet but says "full website coming soon." I will do a review of it over there ----> sometime today. I didn't have my notebook out while I was there but I will go by memory.

There was a lady there alone who was definitely reviewing the place for something. Either that or she had read my blog about having a notebook on the table at restaurants and taking notes so you get better service. She kept covering the notes when the waiter would come over, she had a glass of both red and white wine, she kept the menu throughout her entire meal and she would talk to herself and then write notes. Maybe she had an invisible friend with her but I am guessing she was reviewing the place.

I get to work this weekend (Saturday and Sunday) at the Dekalb Kennel Club Dog Show. I have never worked one of these before so I don't know what to expect but I here people are pretty particular about their dogs. I heard from someone that they got yelled at last year for walking too fast past their dog and it messed up the dog's fur. I picture the movie Best In Show. I will have to rent that DVD before Saturday. I love all of Christopher Guest's movies.

I wear almost exclusively cargo shorts now. I don't want to carry a purse so I think these shorts are the man's version of a purse. I have more pockets than Captain Kangaroo's jacket had and I bet I have twice as much in my pants than he could ever fit into that jacket (yes, I know). It a pretty good workout just wearing these shorts with the 20 extra pounds I carry in my pants (yes). When winter comes I am going to be at a loss of where to stow all of my junk. Maybe it won't be bad because I'm not as active outdoors in the winter so I won't need to carry so much "stuff." Ironically, I just went downstairs to look for my camera to add the Acquaviva photo and it was not there. On my way back upstairs I reached down and noticed that I had already loaded my pockets for today and found my camera in one of my pockets. Irony...catch it!

Well, I better get cracking on this list of things to get done. I hope you have a nice Humpty Dumpty Day...say hi to all the king's men for me. Blog you later!

** to do list checked off of scrapetv.com's list, best in show photo honorably stolen from redriverautographs.files.wordpress.com & captain kangaroo photo dropped from the ceiling from forums.macrumours.com **

No comments:

Post a Comment