Friday, July 9, 2010

"Total Consciousness" Not Received Yet!

I'm still alive...one day at a time. The people I was helping load the truck for close on selling their house at 11:00 today so I think I may be done with that thank goodness...could it have been any more humid to load a truck?

I mentioned that I made crab cakes for dinner the other night. I received a box of Crab Cake Starter from Williams Sonoma (ca-ching) for Father's Day and just now got around to making them with all that we have had going on. They were very easy and really good; probably some of the best crab cakes that I have ever had. I had to write about them so I had a place to put the photo I took of them. I noticed that whenever I am looking to take a photo of my food I use that surfboard-shaped floral plate...I promise, we do have lots more dishes and plates. The dishwasher and I know very well that we have A LOT of dishes.

I am still vegetarian and it wasn't nearly as hard (TWSS) as I thought it would be; maybe because I still eat seafood. As Sugar Momma says "it actually makes it easier to order in restaurants" because it eliminates quite a few menu selections. I think she is correct and I do not miss meat at all though I will miss grilling steaks sooner or later. Thank goodness Tuna steaks are even better and have a similar taste. My friend Jennifer St. Martin (Fenix Wellness link over there --->) has come up with an entire week-long vegetarian menu at her "Fenix Wellness" site. I will try some of her recipes very soon - they sound delicioso. I will let you know when I do and if I make any MIDDLE alterations.

I had been sleeping past 3:00 AM for awhile but yesterday I didn't even make it until 3:00 and today it's just before 3:00 AM. What the heck? I must have been out of touch with the spirit world and now I'm in-tune again. All things considered I'd rather be sleeping. It's a good time to write though because nothing else is expected of me at this time of day so I don't feel guilty blogging.

During the weekend drive to Kansas City in the car I was able to get some more of my screenplay written. I am very excited the way my story is heading. I ended up driving more than I figured I would on the trip so I only got five more pages written but it was something. I think my dad liked me helping him drive so I couldn't let him down. I think the only time he had ever sat in the passenger seat in his car was when he had his knee surgery until this past weekend. This was also the first time he had ever sat in the backseat. One of the main reasons (though there were several) I went on that trip was because of him so I wanted to help where I could with the driving.

I just knew LeBron James was going to be coming to the Chicago Bulls. When my son and I went to Cleveland earlier this year to see the Cavaliers play there was big talk about him going to change his number from number 23 to number 6 in honor of Michael Jordon. He even was pushing number 23 to be retired in all of the NBA. At that time I smelled a rat and figured it was because he was coming to Chicago and number 23 is retired by the Bulls for M.J. so that was the underlying reason. Maybe he was leaning that way at the time but he announced last night that he is leaving the MIDDLEwest altogether (Ohio and Illinois) and heading to Miami...DRAT! Let's see if he ends up being number 6 on the Heat or that was just Bull! (OMG - remember I told you about ROZ playing songs at particular times to be funny? She is playing "Be Like Mike" right now. You probably think I make this stuff up but I do not...most of the time)

Speaking of announcements yesterday...they announced the EMMY Award nominations yesterday. Have you heard this? Do you know about this? I think it's hilarious that Conan O'Brien was nominated for "Tonight Show" when he and Jay Leno were both eligible to be nominated for the "Tonight Show" in the Outstanding Variety, Music or Comedy Series category. Jay Leno was not nominated. I don't know if I had mentioned it before but I never cared for Jay Leno. I believe he is a snake in the grass with the Letterman "Tonight Show" deal and then the Conan "Tonight Show" fiasco. I will never watch "Tonight Show" with Jay Leno no matter who the guest is and it has been difficult at times. I really hope Conan wins the EMMY.

Cheese and Quackers haven't been back for a while. They are probably spending time with their kids and don't have time for us anymore. It always happens. There were three female ducks here together earlier this week though and they stuck around while I fed them bread. I named them Sabrina, Kelly and Jill. Any guy who was going through puberty around 1976 knows who they are named after.

Okay, I wanted to keep this blog shorter today so you don't get tired of coming back. I think size does matter no matter what anybody says. Everything MATTers! Have a great Friday. I will blog you tomorrow before my shift at "BEST IN SHOW!" It's funny how I hope and welcome weird things to happen to me so I have something good to blog about. Everything in life is about perspective. Ta!

** michael jordan graphic "aired" from posters.ws and charlie's angels photo perpetrated from retro-housewife.com **

No comments:

Post a Comment