Monday, July 26, 2010

Incense, Wine and Whac-A-Mole


Apparently I started a new service that I was unaware of. I got a text early this morning from my son who is staying over at a friend's house after a day of Wisconsin river tubing that states, "Can you get me up at 10?" I guess I am a wake-up service. I have pretty much always been that for my family but that was when they were in the same location that I was. It's a good fit. I don't sleep much and I am capable of making calls and texts so I suppose I am qualified for such a taxing position. Maybe this could be the start of a new career even a new industry. If you need to be woken up for the New York or Boston Marathon text ahead and I will make sure you are up in time.

Yesterday Sugar Momma and I were childless for the day so we went to a winery in Genoa, IL for a wine tasting. Slowly but surely she is turning me from a Mattgarita to "Little 'Ole Wine Drinker Me." She's taking advantage of the fact that she knows I like to do new and different things so I can blog about them. But she doesn't know that I know that she knows that I know that she's doing this so I let her do it and she lets me let her do it. Bottom line is it gets me to do the things she wants to do but I really want to do them too so it's a wine-wine (win-win). I am going to do a review of Prairie State Winery today somewhere over there ----->. We also stopped for lunch at a place called Eggsclusive, which we had been to a few times before, but I will review that too. They will also be available on Yelp.com (thanks Stacee) right after they are posted here. Blogs before Clogs (yelp didn't rhyme).

Having no kids for the day makes us be able to go out and not feel guilty. Don't worry people with young children, your day will come. We even went to a graduation party and stayed as long as we wanted without all the "I'm bored" looks and comments.

I think that Sugar Momma loads the dishwasher wrong on purpose because she knows it drives me crazy and then I keep up on the dishes. She throws them in there like she thinks there is a little person who is going to take them and re-stack them so the water can get to the dirty areas. The side that you use must be facing down and there must be space between items so when the little men and women in the dishwasher military get into their Water Jets and fly by in attack formation their water missiles will destroy the enemy (food and such). How can these unsung heroes keep our dishes safe if we don't give them the tools they require? Also, silverware gets cleaner if the area used is up so the water artillery can get direct hits and wipe out these filthy menaces. Make sure you are using this highly-sensitive dishwasher INTEL for the better good of clean dishes everywhere.

I was talking to one of my son's friends the other day and he was telling me that he was whacking moles. It's difficult for me to hear something like that and not make a TWSS remark but I want you to know that I do have some self-control and I just listened. There is an apple orchard/corn maze... farm just west of us in Malta and one of my son's friends is one of the children/family members who lives at that farm. So, as I listened with panic running through my head, I found that they really were whacking moles. That Whack-A-Mole (actually "Whac-A-Mole" so it seems PC) game takes a whole new perspective when you know it's really what they do to moles. They blow pressurized water down into their holes or burrows or whatever they have and when they pop up so they don't drown they whack them on the head. I suppose if you have crops and there are animals making tiny cities beneath them that will destroy your crops you have to do something but I guess they go "Medieval on Moles." How could Chuck E. Cheese, a rodent in his own right, allow Whac-A-Mole to be played in his billion dollar establishment? Hey Chuck how about instead of exploiting these poor rodent cousins you put them to work? You have purple gorillas and giant chickens in your band why not do your cousins a solid? Do people eat moles? I have had Mole' in Mexican restaurants but I thought it was more like chiles and chocolate and other spices. You should probably tell us vegetarians that there's moles in mole'.

Now get on with your day and remember Monday is a Funday. well, maybe it's not fun but think about how much it would be if you were a mole (or even mole' for that matter). Blog you again soon. Make sure you check out my reviews for Prairie State Winery and Eggsclusive later today.


** wake-up call photo snoozed and loozed from subhub.com & whac-a-mole graphic taken when it peeked it's head up from kiloo.com **

No comments:

Post a Comment