Saturday, July 3, 2010

South Bound and Down!

My ride to Kansas City is going to be in here in less than an hour so this will be short (TWSS) and most likely without any graphics/photos.

Sugar Momma and I went to the Morton Arboretum yesterday. It's a giant forest with lots and lots of foliage and trees. It's like a really beautiful golf course without greens, carts, aggravation and golf. It was nice. We just pretty much walked around and talked all day. We got there by the crack of lunch and it turned out that they had a nice cafeteria. I had the goat cheese, cranberry, walnut salad...it was really good. I didn't know that Morton Arboretum was founded my the Morton Salt family...education and excercise and a day with Sugar Momma...nice!

I guess that I agreed to go swing dancing this coming Monday night with Sugar Momma at The House downtown in Dekalb (actually, it's swing dance lessons...I should probably teach the class). I think this blog is making me more adventurous as I do things, I think, sometimes just so I can blog them. If it's that simple I think everyone should start a blog.

On the way home we stopped at Woodman's in North Aurora. It's like the biggest grocery store ever and they have literally EVERYTHING. I have been looking for rolled mozzarella cheese because I thought of an idea of making Caprese Cheese pinwheel roll thingies and I knew they'd have it and they did. I was so excited to find the rolled cheese. I got it home and was about to invent a world-changing new food item and when I went to open the package there was a picture of my new creation on the wrapper of the cheese. I guess I will not change the culinary world this time. I made it anyway and it was great. I rolled out the cheese so it was flat, covered it in sliced tomatoes and topped them with fresh basil leaves. I lightly drizzled it with olive oil and fresh ground pepper then rolled it up tightly and sliced into pinwheels. I took photos but I will put them on Monday's blog probably because of the time crunch.

I am going to have to wrap up now as I am showered but only half dressed (oooo la la). I plan to work on my screen-play for 8-10 hours today in the car and 8-10 hours tomorrow on the way home. Well, at least after the sun comes up and if I'm not sleeping and if we're not talking all the way down and back. MIDDLE Plains states...maybe I will see a buffalo or get a snake in my boot or something. Where's my six-shooter? I hope we have some time for a Jesse James tour or something. I will try to blog tomorrow but don't know for sure. If I don't get the chance...have a nice Independence Day you Americans. All of my foreign (to me) blog followers have a nice end of your weekend. Blog you for Missouah (I spelled it that way on purpose because I think that's how they say it down yonder).

No comments:

Post a Comment