Monday, July 19, 2010

Love Brokers!

So, who has a case of the Moooondays?

Yesterday Sugar Momma and I ended up going to Acquaviva Winery for linner or dunch or lupper; whatever you call that thing between lunch and dinner/supper; it was 3:00. There's a brunch so there ought to be a linner right? The service was still pretty terrible and the food wasn't quite as good as last time. The waitress said they are still new and are working out the kinks. I think maybe I just didn't order wisely this time. I ordered the crab cakes and I didn't like the mushroom sauce. Sugar Momma tasted it and liked it so I guess it just wasn't to my liking. We met our friend Mary and her husband Gary there. Gary is one of the organizers/sponsors/founders...of the car show we went to Saturday and we got to talking about Jack Sparrow and nobody knew why he was there. No one hired him. He was just there. I told you there's trouble afoot. The seas were angry my friends! I wish someone who looks exactly like me would get famous so I could show up at parties and be him. Or maybe he is waiting for me to be famous so he can show up at parties and look like me. We stopped at Schmidt's in Elburn after lupper for a drink (I had Diet Coke - okay one margarita and two Diet Cokes). Jill's brother Tom and sister-in-law Kara met us up there. I'd never been there. It seems nice with your "typical" bar types inside - whatever that means.

Somebody had shoes on that made farting noises when they walked. Don't you hate clothing items that make sounds when you move? Can't I just go the library without sounding like a pork and beans eating contest at the county fair? Someone should do a comedy sketch where a person, or persons, is/are wearing farting shoes and corderoys and a windbreaker... and making orchestral music while they walk or jog or do their shopping...

The other day I blogged about "pros"titution and "cons"titution. It sparked a thought in Mary and she told me that she wonders why there is an "ins"titution but no "outs"titution. Very good question and why are there all of these words with "titution?" There's not even a word "titution" in the dictionary yet there's all sorts of titutions. I smell conspirtitution or is that those farting shoes I smell?

Last night when we got home we grabbed our books (okay it was the remote but television is like books except there are better pictures and you don't need to find your glasses...well, sugar Momma does by not everyone does). "Mr. Mom" was on and we watched the ending - more of my life flashing before my eyes (on TV). Jill said that we should watch "Night Shift" (must have instantly gotten into Michael Keaton mode). We have the DVD so I went to the basement to dig it out. I couldn't find it so I came back upstairs with about 30 other choices in my hands just to find "Night Shift" sitting next to the television in our bedroom. So we watched "Night Shift." That is still a great movie. It made me think of college. We named our inter-mural softball team "Love Brokers" because of this movie. Kevin Costner had a bit part in the film and I think he must have been about 20-years-old.

I may or may not go to swing dancing today. The last time we went, you may recall, we ran into Sugar Momma's cousin Beth. Well, we set up to meet her at the one today but now Sugar Momma cannot go because of work and I may go and dance with Beth. How did I go from hating to dance to becoming the Denny Terrio of the MIDDLE of the United States? Why in the heck do I remember Denny Terrio? Maybe my dream is to be in the ballet. Maybe Jack Sparrow is in town to offer me a role in Pirates of Penzance.

Have a nice case of the Moooonday! I have plenty to do today since I pretty much played all weekend. Funny how that happens. I will blog you tomorrow with something fantastic! I am not sure what it is yet but something fantastic happens every day. I hope something fantastic happens for YOU today!

** - night shift photo love brokered from salon2009.com & dance fever photo boogie'd from qj.net **

1 comment:

  1. The reason there is are no "out" stitutions

    Because these are places you go "in" so an "out" stitution is anytime you're outside. But don't go by me. I just tried to put by asigo cheezy bread in the boombox on our counter rather than our toaster.

    Origin:
    1275–1325; ME < L institūtus ptp. of instituere to set, put up, establish, equiv. to in- in-2 + -stitū- (comb. form of statū-, s. of statuere to make stand) + -tus ptp. suffix

    ReplyDelete