Saturday, July 24, 2010

To Sleep Or Not To Sleep That Is The Question!

Now's the time I'm usually waking up to write my blog, well, maybe not usually but occasionally. But this blog I am writing as I just got home. We had planned to go to Lake Carroll today so we could wake up tomorrow (or actually this morning) to go boating and tubing but they deemed the lake NO WAKE due to all the rain they go up there. So, we went down to Route 34 Drive-In movie theater in Earlville and watched Salt and Grown Ups. I will review both of these films later today after I go to sleep and wake up again.

I will talk about the theater now though. It is about 50 minutes south of us but probably straight west for a lot of you. It is on Route 34, as you might imagine by the name, just about two miles east of Routes 39/51. The cost is $8.00 for adults and you can bring in your own food and beverages which saves lots of ca-ching. They are showing salt and Grown Ups this week and salt and The Karate Kid next week. You can go to rt34drivein.com for movies playing. If you don't want to take your own food they have a very large selection of food, beverage and ice cream choices. It is literally surrounded by cornfields. This is The MIDDLE at it's finest. Take bug spray and we took a boom box so we could listen to the movie easier from our lawn chairs. They do have those speakers you attach to your windows and you can tune it in on the car radio but having a radio outside makes it easier to hear. I called ahead and found that it wasn't raining down there and we didn't get a drop of rain. Now that I am home I can tell that it's rained here the entire time we were gone.

On the way down I mentioned that the weather looked "clear as a bell." How can that be? Bells are usually tarnished and old looking. That may only apply to the sound being clear as a bell. Maybe it should be "clears as a baby's butt" or is that "cute as a baby's butt?" I have heard "clear as day" and "clear as the nose on your face" but those are silly too. I think I might say "clear as a mountain stream" from now on but as soon as I say that someone will mention Hamm's Beer and say something like "from the land of sky-blue water. Only you MIDDLE-agers remember Hamm's huh?

Well, I am kind of pooped since I have been up close to 24 straight. I think I will get a couple of hours of shut-eye and come back later and tell you that you should see either Salt or Grown Ups. Now you have to come back later to find out which one. Or, I guess you could go to the same place I went and watch them both tonight.

Okay, I'm gonna go catch some Z's or saw some logs or look at the insides of my eyelids or just plain crash. Have a good morning until I get the reviews done but I will let you know via Facebook when they are ready. If you're not my Facebook friend yet and you want to be updated this way send me a request and see if you make the cut; good luck. Nighty Night or Morningy Morn I guess. Either way I will blog you again later and I will do the movie reviews later today. I am not proofreading this now so it may be really more entertaining than usual...zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

** route 34 theater photo illegally copied from rrslideshw.com and sleep graphic z'd from pitchfork.com **

No comments:

Post a Comment