Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Just Another Mopey Tuesday!

Yesterday was Galloping Gourmet Day here. I made zucchini bread and zucchini muffins - thank you for the big zucchini Kathy (TWSS), roasted corn on the cob on the fire pit for dinner, made potato chips all day with the potatoes that were at the "use them or lose them forever" point. It took all day because the fryer doesn't seem to be getting the oil hot enough. To go with the corn I made grilled cheese sandwiches on the grill and I also grilled some pineapple. Whilst grilling and frying I did five loads of laundry (pretty good day for line drying yesterday). The zucchini bread is fantastic. Let me know if you want the recipe but it's a Betty Crocker recipe nothing that I made up this time; I will post or email it to you if you want it.

I had to go to the store for some ingredients for the zucchini bread. Among other things, I needed cloves. Cloves were $3.00 for whole cloves and $6.00 for the same amount of ground cloves. The recipe called for ground cloves but I wasn't going to pay someone $3.00 to ground my cloves. I can ground my own cloves and often do. When I got home and opened them I wondered to myself, "self, what are cloves? "They looked like little bitty itsy bitsy teeny weeny tiny whiny sticks. Or maybe small nails like Barbie might use to build her dream house. They smelled good though like they should go in apple cider or something. I had to know what cloves were so I did the research; the clove tree is an Evergreen and the part we use for the spice are the small flower buds of the tree. They are mainly grown in Madagascar, Indonesia, Pakistan and Zanzibar. Last night I ate the mysterious Cloves of Zanzibar - doody doody doody doody doody! "Be he alive of be he dead I'll grind his cloves to make zucchini bread."

I have never been a smoker but I bet clove cigarettes are good if they use the same cloves. But I am sure the tobacco companies have to get ahold of them and add tar and nicotine and all the other poisonous toxins they add so they can kill us for our money so they can keep selling their cigarettes. The cigarette companies probably also own the cancer treatment centers.

I found yesterday that I should have been put in charge of the Gulf Coast oil spill. I accidentally put laundry detergent in the fabric softener receptacle yesterday and I acted quickly. I took some of the clothes that I was about to wash and sopped out the detergent. It was easy. It took some ingenuity and quick response I suppose but I put my head together and came up with a solution and acted. I am glad that BP finally got the Gulf Coast spill under control. I was actually concerned that the oil would never stop spewing into the ocean. Now the clean-up. I am still waiting for them to announce they need help down there with the cleanup but I don't think that is going to happen. They want as few people to see the actual devastation as possible I think.

I am really crabby this morning. I'm a Crabby Matty. I have a lot on my mind and I'm just plain crabby. It's about the end of the month so I am sure it's just Mattstruation again. I think I am over-tired. I need to workout and take a nap even though I haven't been up that long and I am unable to ever take naps no MATTer how tired I am. I wish I were a bit more feeble-minded (like that's possible). I'm somewhere in the MIDDLE; I have just enough sense to let things bother me but not enough sense to not let them bother me. Maybe it's just the fog...could I actually miss the sun in only eight hours doot-en-doodo? ENOUGH RAMBLING ALREADY! Oh well, what's a mope to do? This too shall pass! Maybe I just need some zucchini bread. Fiddle-dee-dee...tomorrow's another day (this one has just started though). Have a nice day. Blog you later!

No comments:

Post a Comment