Thursday, July 29, 2010

Drew Carey May Be Reading This Blog

Well, it's 9:11 PM again and here I am blogging. The Benadryl deal worked pretty well last night so I am trying the same routine tonight. It's not a workout day but I did the bike so it'll closely resemble last night I hope. I feel with actually sleeping, even if artificially induced, I had a much more productive day. Not that I did more than I usually do because I think I am pretty active every day but I didn't feel like it was so strenuous and taxing. Maybe the experts are right about getting plenty of rest huh? So, I will write this tonight again and post it first thing in the morning (already posted this morning since you are reading it).

I spent about two hours making dinner and just when I was about 90% done I remembered that Sugar Momma was going out to The White Chocolate Grill (ca-ching) in Naperville with friends from work. So, we ate and I already have her lunch packed for work. She's having a nice piece of halibut seasoned with chipotle and lime, guacamole with chips, corn salsa and the best Spanish rice she will ever have...the kids loved the rice. Neither of the kids had their halibut so fish tacos for me tomorrow...be here about noon, there's plenty! I should have taken a photo...dang it I'm such a boob. I had fixin's for strawberry shortcake too but I will make that sometime this weekend.

I designed and printed flyers for my son and a friend for their new venture (TNT Lawn Mowing). They hung the flyers on light poles and street signs but the phones are not ringing. I remember when I was about that age and wanted to mow lawns. The phones (or maybe the telegraph machines and pony express) didn't ring off the hook then either. If you do call guess whose lawnmower and gas he's gonna use? Unless he has a shop somewhere else I am guessing I will soon be able to write my garage off come tax time.

Sources close to this blog have informed us (that's the royal "us") that Drew Carey is a regular reader of Matt In The Middle; it makes sense...he's from Cleveland (MIDDLEwest). Supposedly he credits his 80 pound weight loss since January to inspirational words he read here. Mr. Carey could not be reached for comment mainly because we didn't try to contact him and the fact that he reads this blog is errouneous but he DID lost 80 pounds. Way to go Drew (I know you're reading this but you don't have to comment if you don't want to) keep up the good work.

Remember about three or four weeks ago I went to a drum and bugle corps show / reunion in Oswego? Ironically, this Saturday I am working at a drum and bugle corps show at my part-time job. It's weird how things work in life. Drum corps was huge in my life when I was a kid, it ended abruptly when our corps broke up and now there's a lot of drum corps things going on in a short period of time. There are several things that happen that way in life. Facebook seems to be making all of these things happen. I hadn't spoken to many people from high school since high school and now with Facebook I am talking to people from thirty years ago just about every day. Say what you want about Facebook but I think it's great for these reasons. Some parts make me sad though because I am getting to be pretty good friends with people I barely knew in high school; I wish I had gotten to know most of them a lot better back then. You youngsters out there in blogland - be friends with everybody in school. Life is too short not to have as many friends as you can. People and memories are all that we really have when you think about it.

I saw a help wanted ad on indeed.com for our local newspaper today so I drove over and got an application. I majored in journalism in junior college and radio-television with a journalism minor in (senior?) college. I was News Editor of the college paper, I wrote news for a television station in Rockford, I wrote feature articles for a magazine and I wrote more news stories for a few other local newspapers. Then I found out that it didn't pay so well so I followed the money. I worked at jobs I was miseable doing for money and now I want to do what I enjoy...writing. The dream of getting rich is gone and now I just want to be happy and write. Now that print is almost dead I guess it makes sense that I would try to get into it again. They will still need people to write news stories for the web won't they? I can blog the news!!! (Matt In The Middle has actually become resume/writing samples for me maybe)

Sugar Momma is home now and she didn't go to The White Chocolate Grill (double-ching) at all. They went to some place called Anna Shea Chocolates (bada-ching) in "Barrington I think." Thank goodness she came home because I would have had the Naperville Police looking for someone who went missing in "Barrington I think." She brought home a six-pack box and she brought me home a Margarita chocolate. It was satisfying and delicious. Good thing it wasn't on a dish because I was full. She said the place reminded her of the shop in the movie Chocolat. I loved that movie. I like chick flicks but I like war movies too; I am very complex. I just plain love movies! Anyway, she was probably out with a boyfriend or something but whatever makes her happy is cool with me. Life's short...do what you enjoy!

As always, this blog got away from me. I thought you might need an extra cup of coffee this morning Judii and Drew so I gave you a little extra reading today. You're welcome. It's almost midnight now so I will probably post it right at the dawn of the new day. Have a great Friday little dudes and dudettes from across the street; blog you later.

** white chocolate grill photo augustus glucked from chicagobestrestaureants.com, drew carey photo price is wronged from worldcorrespondents.com and reporter graphic plagiarized from realclearsports.com **

No comments:

Post a Comment