Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Maybe 2015 is Our Final Year?

It is 0609. I got off of work at 0600 and I am already out of my uniform, in my pajamas and blogging. I must admit that I do like living this close to work. If I could just get moved to daytime hours everything would be ducky. I sure wasn't prepared for the cold last night (days would help that too). It got down to three degrees with a windchill of minus eleven degrees last night.

So, I went in as was planned (or so I thought). Human Resources had said that I was to return on the 30th and I had spoken to my Sgt. and we were both under that impression too. I found that "minimal staffing" means that is the minimum (only) that work. I thought that "minimal staffing" meant that it was the minimum number that COULD work not that it was the number of people they WANT to (or can) work. I think using the word "minimal" confuses that term. I further think it should be called "staff needs" or something like that. I guess it is my confusion but I am a big fan of the English language and I have learned many ways to manipulate the language in my favor over the years. When I was working on my Associates Degree in Journalism my minor was in English. Also, I have been speaking the language for most of my life. I know, by reading the blog, you may have concerns with that from time-to-time but, knowing the language and using it correctly and appropriately are not always the same thing. So, I guess, with me coming back, I caused a minor hiccup. The same problem would have existed tonight (New Years Eve) so I volunteered to stay home tonight. Someone was going to have to stay home tonight. I think I could have played the seniority card but that would be dickish and, for now because of all that has gone on over the last couple of months, I am more mellow and just decided to take the high road and let the others work. I get paid for the holiday but I will not get my extra COMP time by not working. I still will have enough COMP days to take an entire week off and, with my weekends being Thursdays and Fridays, it would work-out even better. So, I get New Year's Eve off with pay.

Had I known all of this confusion and turmoil would have happened I still would not have left Cha Cha to fight all of what she went through alone. There is NO WAY she could have done that. I honestly believe, had she not had me, she would have died. Maybe that is the god complex people talk about. It did not necessarily need to be me but she needed a bulldog advocate there with her.

Several odd things happened at work last night / early this morning - all between like 0130 and 0330. I saw a UFO fly right over my head. I am not saying that it was from another planet or that it was a secret test plane or anything but I am not sure what it was and that makes it unidentified. I shot some video of it on my phone but cell phone video in a dark sky, as it turns out, is not very good. It seemed like a helicopter but there was no sound. It hovered in the same spot over the subdivision that backs-up to our subdivision and I saw it from Lincoln Highway. I stopped right in the MIDDLE of the highway and shot the video. I did not radio it in because I would have felt like an idiot. So, I video'd it thinking that would be proof. But, the video stinks. Anyway, after hovering for awhile it headed northwest toward Rockford, IL. It did not go fast; it just seemed to be going about its business doing whatever it was doing and I was inconsequential. IT had several white lights (some flashing) but no red or blue or green lights. I have always wondered why, if these aircraft are from such far superior places than us, why do they still need lights? They are not as advanced as we think they are. Or, do they just use the lights so some moron like me will just say,"they had lights so they must have been a helicopter." If that is the case they should also figure a way to incorporate the helicopter sound for ignoramuses like me too.

A little later I saw what, out of the corner of my eye, looked like a big cow with antlers walking near me. It turned-out to be a giant deer checking things out. He was surprisingly close to me and didn't seem to be concerned that I was near him. I did not take out my phone to photograph him as I did not want to spook him and wind-up this those big antlers in my bootie. A few moments later I saw two foxes running around and then they went on the frozen water and jog away. Most of our "customers" are gone right now so all of these animals can move-about without people bugging them. Do the space men know that too? I did photograph the foxes but those pictures didn't come out very good either. Better than the UFO but still not great. I will post them in a day or two.


I just thought about this - I am on a three-day weekend right now. I guess that is pretty cool.

All of a sudden I am exhausted. I think I will go to sleep. It is 7:31 in the morning. Doesn't everybody go to sleep at 0731? I hope you have a great New Year's Eve (unless you are part of someone's minimal staffing somewhere) and your 2015 is wonderful. Thank you for stopping in. I wish could lie to you like all of the other media does and say, "we have some great stuff planned for you..." I think of things daily as I go along or as they present themselves to me. Like Cha Cha's crisis did. TTTNY (Next Year - which is also tomorrow)...MITM (out) TA!

No comments:

Post a Comment