Monday, December 8, 2014

T-Minus???????? All Systems Hold

The team of doctors was hear at about 0600 and the team of nurses/techs was here about 10 minutes ago (0715). The doctors are pleased with Cha Cha's progress over the weekend. They are going to introduce solid foods to her today; I believe they have met before but they had some sort of falling-out hope to patch things up today. She is peeing and pooping and we are walking quite a bit around the halls now. The doctors say that if everything continues to go well we may get out of here late this afternoon. I am hopeful and optimistic but will be prepared either way. Keep your eyes crossed.

Speaking of prepared, I was not as prepared for my slumber here as I thought I was. I did not bring a pair of pajamas so I slept in a tee-shirt and a pair of Cha Cha's pajama flowery bottoms. I usually bring a baseball cap so, if I half to walk around in the MIDDLE of the night or first thing in the morning, I can just put the cap on and don't have to show-off my disheveled hair. I started sleeping in the reclining chair with another chair for my feet. You might remember that this is the hospital that we discovered (back in the old days when we were on the 15th floor) disabled the foot/leg part of the recliners because old people we using the foot part as a seat and would flip the chair and wind-up with their own bed. It seems that all of the US and A is predicated on making sure nobody can do something if one other person in the world has had an issue (particularly and injury) using that item. I think it may come down to people being so quick to sue people too.

I did not have a very goodnight. After the Swiss Army Chair wasn't working well I used the Swiss Army Couch as a bed. With one pull of a handle the couch flips down into a sort of cot. It looks like one of those beds they slept in in M.A.S.H.. So I tried to sleep on that with a sheet and Cha Cha's robe for a sheet and blanket. I had a metal bar or something running through my back all night long. The nurses and techs would come in every so often to take Cha Cha's vitals and it was cold in here. Jill had me turn-up the thermostat up to 80 degrees. I think they must override the temperatures just like the chairs. They give you the illusion that you have some control but they truly are Big Brother in hospitals; and for good reason in most cases. I am happy I stayed though because we are getting the icy rain/snow mix they had predicted.
That Swiss Army has everything!

We have lots more visits back here when we get out. They are now talking about removing Jill's stent in late January. Hopefully I will be back to work by then and Cha Cha can have it scheduled on a Thursday or Friday (my days-off if memory serves) so I can be her Mr. French. I also hope that the Human Resource people from my work contact me today and say that they received the FMLA information from my doctor. It was faxed a second time over the weekend so I am told by the doctor himself.

Jill is supposed to get solid food for lunch (another of her tests). Sounds like she is going to get a hamburger. She has not has solid food for at least three weeks. It may have even been the little over a month that we have been riding this merry-go-round. She just got done eating her Cream-of-Wheat for breakfast. This morning I went down to get breakfast in the mallofamericospital food court and encountered the first rude employee I have encountered here for the entire time we have been here. She wasn't extremely rude but I am so used to people being nice here that I was taken back a bit. She was the cashier at Au Bon Pain Bakery Cafeteria. I got a Caprese sandwich, a small bag of Baked Lays and a Snapple Diet Peach Tea. I got to the register and set my things down on the counter and she rang-up the sandwich and then she said, "I have to scan that" pointing at the tea. I said "okay" and she just looked at me. I picked it up and turned the bar code toward her and she pointed her little gun at it and zapped it. She they said, "the chips too." So, not wanting to make a scene I just reached down to pick up the back of chips that were right in front of her and lifted the bag for her. She set her phaser to stun and shot my chips. The two times she told me she needed to scan these things my head was telling me to tell her, "well, go ahead then" and "I will allow that." I did not feel like making a scene so I just complied. That kind of thing is usually a 50/50 decision for me. I probably will not go back to that place again except for the fact that they are the only place down there that is open 24-hours-a-day. I will stick to the Greek joint; I only have two more punches for my free lunch there.
It has a cord on it. How about moving it toward the items?

Okay, Cha Cha and I are going to take a lap or two and maybe even head down to the family waiting areas by the elevators. She cannot leave the floor or I would take her downstairs (down elevator actually) and show her around. She has never really even seen the craziness down there. The last time we were here (when she was discharged about two weeksish ago) she was taken to the area way downstairs and I met her at the door when the guy wheeled her out. And today or tomorrow when she gets discharged again she will be taken to that door again. Maybe when we come back for the stent removal she can see it? I think we will be coming down here a lot off-and-on in our future.

Have a great day. Hopefully I will not blog again from the hospital EVER (but the ever part is unrealistic I am afraid). Thanks for keeping me company by letting me write and staying occupied and for helping keep Cha Cha's spirits high with your thoughts, prayers, internet posts, pictures, stories... You have been a big part of her recovery to this point. Recovery is 90% mental and the other half is physical. That means you are responsible for 90% of her recovery - good work; much appreciated. A quick thank you to Lisa and Regina from across the round-about for making and taking Chili over to Fabio for dinner last night. I spoke to him and he said it was great! If we get out of here today I will probably "check-in" on Facebook even though we will be checking-out. Otherwise I will blog again with the bad news of why we are still here. Thank you for everything. TTT?...MITM (out) TA!

No comments:

Post a Comment