Friday, December 19, 2014

Crabby Matty and the Holiday Blues

Today I get the distinct pleasure of taking Jeff to Geneva to get his rabies shot updated and then tomorrow I get to take him to get groomed. I am living the dream. I should definitely play the lottery while I am on this lucky streak.

Yesterday sucked. I hate shopping. I do it about five times every single week of my pathetic life; you'd think that I would be used to all of that shopping. I am good at it but I am good at a lot of things I dislike doing. I am good at laundry. I am good at cleaning the kitchen. I am good at pumping gas. I am good at cleaning leaves out of the gutter. I am good at complaining. Maybe the shopping was so bad because of the mere 150 minutes of sleep I got Wednesday night. I have worked my way through most of the Seven Dwarfs over the last 45 days or so. I have been: Sleepy, Sneezy, Doc, Dopey, Happy and most definitely Grumpy. I think the only one that I have not been has been Bashful.

There was a really good part of shopping yesterday though: Cha Cha did pretty well while were out. She is still getting pretty tired but not quite as quickly. That didn't make her shop any faster. We FILLED the cart at Target and then she went and sat while I checked-out. That was after we spent an hour at Menard's. That is actually REALLY good for her compared to just last week.

I am crabby and exhausted. They say the first step in recovery is to admit it. Own it. Christmas is less that a week away - maybe I have the holiday blues. Maybe I just miss my facial hair. I also got my head hair cut pretty short. It's always a good time to go hairless (that just means LESS hair not WITHOUT hair in this case). Today is my little brother's 50th birthday - maybe knowing that my YOUNGER brother is 50 is bugging me? It's not that one; I have never really put much concern in age numbers. I just think that I am sensitive and moody.

Cha Cha wants to see a movie tonight but there isn't anything I want to see. I do like going to the movies though. I will go and watch whatever she want to see. Interstallar looks pretty good. I really really do like Matty McConaughey. I like Anne Hathaway a lot too. Of course, that movie isn't playing in our one-horse country town. I may be going to Geneva more than once today - for the rabies shot and for a movie. The Goodrich Theater might be considered Batavia though? They have earlier films there too so we could go at 1155 or 1445. If we go to the 1155 show we could have dinner at 1500 like we old people like to do. I guess I had better get dressed and get the dog to get his shot so I can come back and then go back again. Who knows maybe she just wants to see the The Hobbit Babble of the Hog or whatever it is called? I have some nice, warm and fuzzy news about that Hobbit film and what I wrote about it on Monday but I have been sworn to secrecy (at least as far as the blog goes). If I get the okay I will blog about it but, in the meantime, if you see me and ask me I may fall asleep and talk about it in my sleep for you to overhear.

Okay, have a great day and I promise to cheer-up. I think I just have those care-giver blues or whatever they call them. I pray to become an idiot so I am not so moody; I just care too much; yes, that is a bad things a lot of the time. TTTT...MITM (out) TA! See how moody I am today I almost forgot my manners; thank you for being here. You are my reason for the season. TTTT (again)...MITM (out again) DOUBLE TA!

No comments:

Post a Comment