Monday, December 1, 2014

Another Week Begins But What Has Changed?

Do you see the likeness?
I am happy that Cha Cha is home though, for me, it is kind of like having a newborn in the house. I feel like I have to check on her every couple of hours. That is all me not her. I am thinking I was Florence Nightingale in one of my past lives. When we were in the ER, I think it was Saturday night, the ER doctor had lots of questions about who performed this operation and who performed that procedure and, since Cha Cha is so organized, we took the file folders with us. The doctor took the papers out into the control tower area of the ER. We finally got sent home and the next day, yesterday, we got a call that they still had something from our files. So, when I went out to do the shopping yesterday Cha Cha went with me to get out of the house a bit. We went to the hospital and she went in and got the disk of the photos/x-rays... of her guts. Maybe we should send them a bill for our time; I guarantee they would send us one.

Then we went to the grocery store (Hy-Vee) and she waited in the car while I shopped for dinner ingredients. Then she was in some kind of a beauty supply store for about 15 minutes while I waited in the get-away car. We went to another store for a few other things (Target). While I was in Target I dropped her at T.J. Maxx for about 15 minutes - well, actually it was before I went to Target that I dropped her there as it would have been difficult "while" I was there. I fueled-up the Durango 95 and she waited in the car. So, she was out of the car for maybe 30 minutes total. When we got home she was feeling very unwell again. She thinks it is because she is forgetting to eat. So, now she has her phone alarm set to remind her to eat. I hope that is all that it is. She is still very weak and probably continuing to produce blood to replace all of the blood that she had lost.

I just started the weekday morning rituals - Fabio got the first call of "get up" and I went downstairs and made his lunch. I checked on Cha Cha and she asked for water, her pain medicine and her nausea medicine (she takes both meds every four hours). She is having some pain this morning in her lower belly where her Crohn's Disease usually acts-up. The pain she had been having most recently (why we were in hospital for a month was in her upper-abdomen where the liver is located. I really hope this is just gas from the garlic and shrimp pasta I made for dinner. She hadn't eaten much over the last month other that IV juice so maybe it is that. We have to go to the doctor this morning but I think that is just for some quick tests. If she is still having pain I think it would be good to mention something to them there. I was planning  to run a few errands while we're that way too (while she waited in the car) but I may rethink that after yesterday's hiccups.

I hope she does well during the day today because, if she does not, I will be thinking about her all night long while I am at work tonight. I will be thinking her about her either way actually. Luckily, I work five minute from home should any problems arise. Try as I might I cannot help but be a worrier. That is why, with all the health issues Cha Cha is having right now, she will outlive me. Do you know why men usually die before their wives? Because they want to. I have always found that joke funny. LOL. I am watching Hyde Park on Hudson and Franklin Roosevelt/Bill Murray just said, "women worry" speaking of Eleanor Roosevelt and the Queen of England. Good company to be in I guess. I have always felt that I am about 56% estrogen so that makes sense. No MATTer - I am what I am and that's all that I am.

I am not sure but I bet this has high circulation
I just looked at the stats for the blog last month and I see that 4,301 people read the blog in November. I guess it is actually 4,301 blog views it is not 4,301 different people. I am not sure if that is a lot but I imagine I have to attribute those "views" to Cha Cha getting sick and me turning the blog into a medical journal. I recommend writing a blog to anyone. It doesn't cost anything other than time and, at least for me, it seems to be very therapeutic. Instead of keeping things bottled-up I have someplace to work my thoughts and problems and ideas and feelings out. That's like 144 people reading the blog per day - I am very pleased with that though I wish it hadn't taken Cha Cha to get sick for that to happen. I suppose when Kennedy was shot and the Hindenburg blew-up newspaper circulations grew then though didn't they?

Alright, it is 0811 now and I have to clean the kitchen again and start another load of laundry. I am not sure when we are headed to the doctor because it is just for blood tests and vitals and such I think so, it is whenever we get there. That is up to Cha Cha and how she is feeling. Thank you for stopping-in whenever you can. It means a lot to me and, as it turns-out now, it means a lot to Jill as she knows how many people care about her. We all need to know that people care. I still will have to go through all of my notes from my drives in to Northwestern don't I? TTTT...MITM (out)

No comments:

Post a Comment