Tuesday, December 2, 2014

I Read the Blog Today, Oh Boy (A Day with the Wife)

I am sitting here in a penthouse with a beautiful view of Lake Michigan to the east and a gorgeous
view of Cha Cha to the west. Normally the view to the west would be the better of the two but Cha Cha is lying in bed at Northwestern Hospital again. Last night at roughly 1830ish she began getting violently ill at home. She asked me to get her something to vomit into. She didn't waste any time filling the receptacle I provided over and over again. She then asked me to call an ambulance so I immediately called 911 (for you in other countries, if you are unaware, that is the telephone number we call in U.S. and A. for emergencies when we need police, fire/rescue, ambulances...) immediately. Cha Cha hates being the center of attention and she hates riding in ambulances even more so I knew this was very serious. The ambulance arrived fairly quickly and whisked her away to the hospital. I see lots of ambulances and other emergency vehicles in my job and I almost always see a firetruck travelling with an ambulance. Fortunately this was one time that an ambulance came alone. The ambulance drew lots of attention. The two together would have lit-up the entire neighborhood. Especially since we live in a cul-de-sac. It may be a round-about, actually, because there is an island of grass and bushes and flowers in the MIDDLE. I think saying we live in a round-about sounds so much more classy so I may begin saying that.


So, her chariot whisked her off and she went back to Kishwaukee Community Hospital. I followed closely behind in the old Durango 95 with anything and everything I thought she might need including the expandable file folder that Cha Cha started to keep all of these visits straight. We saw a couple of the same ER doctors that we had seen whenever it says we saw them in previous blogs (I love that we have the blog as a time-line if we need to know exact dates, times...). She was at KCH until exactly 0300 this morning when a different ambulance brought her here to Northwestern. They said that they could probably have done what needed to be done there but they gave us the option. She had an obstruction in her gutty-whats and it was very obvious by the way they talked that they would prefer us come here to Chicago. I imagine they cannot refuse treatment but it was an easy decision for us even though it meant Cha Cha having to ride in another ambulance. The odd thing about the evening is that I had texted my Sergeant that I didn't think I should leave Jill alone last night and I was going to go in to speak with her. My spidey-senses must have been pretty in-tune last night because a little while after that was when she needed the ambulance. She just didn't seem right. The weird thing was I was preparing to go back to work as my FMLA had expired that morning at 0000. I am having the date extended because it is obvious that Jill is gonna need more help. It's weird how things happen sometimes.
Me and me chums in the old Durango 95 headed to hospital
So, we are waiting for the "team" of doctors to come back here soon. The "teams" literally are like the size of a hockey team (six) or sometimes a basketball team (five) and, on rare occasion, a baseball team (nine in the National League and ten in the American League), When they arrive we should get the game plan of what they are going to do. 

Cha Cha is on the 13th floor this time. I didn't know building had thirteenth floors. Thirteen has always been my favorite number - I am a true anti-triskaidekaphobiac. I also have this weird habit of, and I don't think I have ever told anybody this, adding the numbers together of multi-digit numbers. Cha Cha is in room 1309 and if you add those numbers together the total is 13! It's like we are Lily and Herman.

Cha Cha's phone just rang and I answered it. It is was her primary physician's office. I took Cha Cha for blood work yesterday at Dreyer Clinic for prep for her stent removal that is scheduled for here on Friday. The lady on the phone told me, since I am Cha Cha's youthful ward who happens to answer her phone and knows her date of birth, that she is anemic. That, along with lost of other stuff, would explain why she has been so tired. I wonder what else we can find with Cha Cha's biology in the coming weeks. Stay tuned right here - same Matt channel (the blog), same Matt time (which is whenever I feel like it).

Please continue to keep Cha Cha in your mind and in your thought and in your prayers... That means more to you than anything else you could do - sincerely. Thanks for continuing to give me a reason to blog; I appreciate you too. I know I will blog again tomorrow and hopefully it will be with good news. Have a great rest of whatever day this is and whatever night tonight is. I am not even sure what month it is most of the time. That is not my main concern right now. TTTT...MITM (out) I think I may head down to that Greek place downstairs and get some food - now you know the real reason we came back to Northwestern. TA!

No comments:

Post a Comment