Sunday, December 7, 2014

Today Dilemma and the Cha Cha Update

 I parked on both of them & I did bring flowers
I am back at the Northwestern Hospital. I love Saturdays and Sundays here. When I say I "love" it here means I love it here on weekends as compared to weekdays. I cannot believe the difference in the parking garage on weekends. I would have thought that the parking deck would be more crowded on weekends with people visiting their loved-ones but it is not. Yesterday when I arrrived here I got the first "unassigned" parking spot in the garage on level one (Neil Diamond) on Huron Street. I walked up to the entrance on the second deck (maybe 30 steps) and got to walk right across the enclosed bridge into the hospital (the bridge I have walked across no less than 30 - 40 times over the last month). Today I could have had the second spot in the garage (one spot closer to the bridge than I was yesteday) but I felt like gambling. I drove up the ramp toward Tony Bennett and got much closer to the bridge. It doesn't really MATTer what level of the deck you are on because the elevator goes to all the levels but I like not even having to get into the elevator to go to the second level (the bridge level). So, over the past month, I have parked on: Neil Diamond, Tony Bennett, Frank Sinatra, Johnnie Mathis, Bing Crosby, Tammy Wynette, Barbra Streisand, Billie Holliday and Louie Armstrong. The only level I have not parked on has been level three (Chicago) - "Baby What a Big Surprise."

I have not decided whether I will go home tonight. I packed an extra bag with clothes... and left it in the trunk of the car being guarded by Neil Diamond and Tony Bennett just in case. I am about 97.9% sure that I will stay here tonight. I already have a great spot in the parking deck and, if I leave and come back in the morning, I will have to fight for a spot. Secondly, the team of doctors usually comes to visit her early in the morning and it will be Monday so all of her regular team of doctors will be back at work I assume. Thirdly, there is the Monday morning traffic coming into the city. And, fourthly they are talking about the chance of rain/ice/snow mix in the morning. I have been very lucky with the weather so far. I think I may have totally convinced myself to stay in the city tonight. Hey, I just thought of another thing - I am only three meals away from getting my free meal (because of my punch card) at GRK Greek here. NORM!!!!!
Jill's spirits are kind of low today. She wants to get out of here but she isn't feeling well enough to to a lot of what she needs to do to get out of here. I think her mood is primarily just frustration; she is extremely frustrated. The doctor was just in and she changed the diet from liquids or full S (the "S" does not stand for "savings" it stands for "soft"). Right now the nurse (Erin) is removing the IV and Cha Cha will now take her meds orally. It seems like, all of a sudden, they want her to get the Hell out of here. Actually, I think this was their game plan all along. Get her to Sunday and then, if she was able, get her be more mobile. She has not eaten hardly anything because everything they were giving her was too sweet. So, when she feels up to it, we will be able to walk the halls without the IV tree.

Well, I have been writing this for about four hours between many other things, of course. I may blog again later because I have lots on my mind and notes. Just wanted to make sure I got a little something out about Cha Cha because I know that is why many of you have been tuning-in lately. Have a great Pearl Harbor Afternoon. I imagine Ben Affleck will be on television this afternoon and tonight huh? This just in - some exciting news - JILL IS HAVING TOMATO SOUP and I am going to go down and get her a shake or a smoothie; she is totally stoked! TTTLater tater...MITM (out) TA!

No comments:

Post a Comment