Thursday, December 4, 2014

This Has Been One of the Craziest Hospital Days Yet!

I think this is as close as they ever came to showing  Cha Cha Vera
I wrote this yesterday because I promised and did not want to forget... In yesterday's blog I wrote how my friends Barb and Rock (hey Barb, you made the blog two days in a row) call me Norm. As you probably guessed it was in reference to the character Norm Peterson on Cheers but that was secondary. I worked with Rock and whenever we would have work gatherings Cha Cha would not be able to (probably because she was having Crohn's Disease attacks which eventually led to her being in the hospital here for surgery today) or didn't want to come so he started calling her Vera. In the show Cheers, as most of you MIDDLEaged people like me will recall, Vera would never be seen on the show. So, since nobody would ever see Cha Cha, he started calling her Vera and, by association and marriage, that made me Norm. Okay, now on with today's news.

While Jill was lying in bed waiting for the doctors to come get her for her surgery she said she was just singing Ques Sera, Sera Sera in her head. So we both started sing it. This past sentence was written at about 1330.

It is now 1928 - I apologize for the delay in the blog.

They came and got her in the room at about 1400. They took us downstairs to the fifth floor into the Pre Op area and prepared her for the operation. After awhile the whisked her away and sent me to the Family Surgery Waiting Room. When I got there there were about 40 people and the crowd kept getting whittled down and down and people got done with their operations. I finally got a phone call at the desk that her surgery began at 1547; it was scheduled for 1300 originally but,of course, they cannot rush what they do. I eventually got another call that the operation went well and they were closing her up. Then at 1908 I was taken to a small room and was told that the doctor would be in to talk with me as soon as he could. The entire time I was in the room with all of the people doctors would come and sit next to them and tell them right there how the surgeries went and what was going on. So, as you know if my nature if you have been keeping up with the blogs, I feared the worst. Why would they tell EVERYBODY else their news in that huge waiting room with all the people sitting right next to them and I was taken to this 7' X 12' enclosed room? I even heard another lady getting her news outside of the office while I was waiting for the doctor. Eventually, the doctor came in and said everything went well and they made an incision in her midsection and took care of the problem and closed her back up. He said she would be given a little button that she could press when she gets out or Post Op to release pain medication for herself when she gets out of Post Op. He asked if I had any more questions. I felt like I should have had many but I could not think of any. I was still in shock that the news was not good and I was so elated to hear this that I guess I just couldn't think of any. Cha Cha will be here for at least two or three days so I am sure we will have many questions for the doctors.
My new wedding ring and my new Nikes

Before she headed to the OR Cha Cha (Case #23) took the rings off of her hand and gave them to me. That was kind of sad for me. The ring I gave her when we renewed our vows fit my pinkie pretty well so, with my black leather jacket and my gold and diamond pinkie ring I sat in the waiting room. Nobody messed with me because they knew I was "connected" (to Cha Cha). Nobody messes with Cha Cha's bitch.

So many things have happened today but I am mentally and physically and emotionally exhausted; I am really glad that I am sleeping in this hospital room next to Cha Cha all night long. I am also glad she has those meds because I am going to snore like a freight train. Speaking of meds I had better take my blood pressure medicine - I am two hours behind (I usually take them at 0600 and 1800 but it is almost 2000 now). BRB.

Before we went down to Pre Op they said that when we came back from surgery we were going to be moved to the 12th floor. When we were here a couple of weeks ago we were on 15 and then we came here this week and we were in 1309 but they moved us to 1306 which is a huge corner room with three huge windows with lots of light. So, knowing we were moving to the 12th floor I packed-up all of our stuff so they could move it easily. We have LOTS of stuff - I brought more today knowing Cha Cha was going to be here for another three or four days. So, I had no idea where her new "home" was so I came back up to the 13th floor and went to the nurses' station. They said they didn't know anything about us moving and our stuff was still in the room. I told them that if they could let us stay there that would be great because Jill loved the extra light and the view of the corner room. So, I am here in 1309 and I think I may just unpack everything and, if we have to move, I will make them wait. Within two or three hours I may be asleep already.

Cha Cha enjoying her room 1306 view
Okay, again sorry this is so late. I have lots more to write but I may get something to eat and start unpacking all of our stuff. I am really glad that I decided to sleep here tonight. I cannot leave Cha Cha tonight no MATTer what floor of this huge place we wind-up on.

I wrote a lot of notes and I will blog some of that in the morning. My phone charger was packed in the stuff here in 1306 so I didn't post much during the operation because my phone got down to 9% charge and I needed that 9% in case of an emergency (you know how I always prepare for the worst).

FYI, I did not proofread this blog so it may be even worse than the other times when I sorta proofread it.

Thanks a lot for being here for this journey of our. Thank you, also, for all of the great uplifting and supportive message today before Cha Cha's surgery; your love and encouraging comments made a big difference in her day. I appreciate you more than you will ever know. TTTT (morning probably)...MITM (out somewhere in this big city) TA!

PB (Post Blog) a very crazy thing just happened but I will write about that in the morning because I am exhausted and everything is spinning (I may need food) - unbelievable. Double TA! I love to leave a cliffhanger 

No comments:

Post a Comment