Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Hey, Hey, Hey It's Fat Macaroons!

Maybe he's rethinking that now
I bet Tommy Smothers is loving all of this Bill Cosby stuff. I read that Sammy Davis Jr.'s 65-year-old girlfriend is now saying Bill Cosby raped her too. I don't think she used the word "rape" but, reading her account of what happened, I would call it rape. She is like the twentieth woman to come forward against Cosby. If you're interested in the Tommy Smothers / Bill Cosby feud you can read about it here. I have always been fascinated by their fight for some reason and I have read this article before (maybe a year or two ago I think) so I am confused by the date of the article. I read it right after Cha Cha and I went to see The Smothers Brothers in Elgin, IL and I know that was at least three or four years ago. The Daily Mail site must just have the day's date at the top from when you are on the site. If you look at the comments at the bottom they are from previous dates and it does say that it was published in September (see, there are my detective skills at work). I still think that must have been a republishing. After all of Cosby's great shows (I Spy, The Cosby Show, Fat Albert & The Cosby Kids, The Bill Cosby Show, The New Bill Cosby Show...) and a few decent films this is what he will be remembered for. If he did this, and it seems to me that the evidence is overwhelming that he did, he deserves to be remembered this way. He was a predator!

Cha Cha is still getting frustrated and tired quite often. She is not in much pain anymore though she does have some discomfort once in awhile. What she went through was a huge ordeal and it will take her quite awhile to completely heal. I would be frustrated too I am sure.
It is Christmas Eve. Our immediate family is all together; Splenda arrived last night at about 1900. I checked the definition of "immediate family" and no one should be offended by exclusion of that term. Depending on circumstances the "immediate family" can change. We have lots of presents wrapped but the tree is not decorated yet so they are lying off to the side waiting for their stage to be set. The tree is up but has nothing twinkly or shiny on it yet. We wanted to wait until we were all here. Now we have to wait until we are all awake. So far it is just Jeff and I who are stirring. I do believe he would help me decorate if I let him. I took him for a walk and now I am blogging and watching my favorite Christmas movie - Gladiator. Yes, this is the 347th time I have watched it if you must know. I slept in the same bed as Cha Cha last night. It was the first time we have slept in the same bed since her health fell-apart. I am a snorer and didn't want to disturb her so I found different places to lay my head for the last four fortnights or so. She also sleeps with the window open even when it is 20 below zero outside and I prefer a more moderate temperature. She says I do not snore that bad and, if I do, she can put her ear buds in. However, when I woke-up very early this morning I was alone in bed. So, she was either too hot (you know that ain't never gonna change) or I snored too loud. It may have been something else too I imagine. I will guarantee it is a combination of the two though. I will investigate and report at a later blog.

Tomorrow is Christmas. I bet you knew that since my last paragraph began with "it is Christmas Eve." My parents are coming over at 1300 on the morrow. The turkey dinner will be ready when they arrive. We will probably open our gifts before they get here in the morning or maybe even tonight so a lot of the mess is already gone. I am not a 100%  traditionalist with Christmas. I am more of a go with the flowalist or an as the mood strikes usist. The weather experts are talking about some snow tomorrow; one to three inches. It sounds like it may hit slightly east of my side of the MIDDLEwest though. East of Chicago more like around Indiana. Fabio really wants snow for Christmas but then he wants it gone the next day. I want snow in Indiana and then none here ever again.

Saturday is when we are going to see Mary Poppins. Fabio is not going with us because he didn't ask off of work or try to get somebody to switch shifts with him. I have a feeling is just didn't want to see Mary Poppins. I think that it may be that he just didn't want to ask for the day off. He is more of a go with the flowalist than I am. He has no problem speaking-up when he wants to but he picks his battles. Believe it or not I am a lot like that too. I grumble and complain a lot but I generally don't make a big deal out of something until it has festered and stewed inside me and then I usually make myself look like an ass. I have a lot of festering though now since I am much older than him so I look like an ass quite often.
Yesterday I made my house-famous Say Brainless Don't You Know Where Coconut MATTcaroons Come From treats. I may have to shorten the name if I ever take them to the masses. I made them bigger than usual this year and only drizzled the chocolate down one side of each for two reasons - maybe not everybody likes the chocolate and, you do not have to get your fingers chocolaty holding the mattcaroons this way. In the past I put a little red and orange (red plus yellow) food coloring at the very peaks so they looked like volcanoes but we didn't have any red food coloring. I bet the stores are all out too because of the big cookie-making that happens this time of year but, if I find some later, I may add that touch post-production. That is if they are not all gone by then (I cannot stop eating them - I am a jolly fat elf). It takes a few extra layers to make all the trips I have to take tonight.

I have leisurely written this and it is already 0905 already. Jeff and I are still the only creatures stirring. Have a great Christmas Eve. I will be back home here before sun-up tomorrow morning so I should be able to blog after I remove my kerchief and cap. Thank you for stopping-by and reading the blog. TTTT...MITM (out) TA!

No comments:

Post a Comment