Monday, December 29, 2014

The Happiest Blog on Earth

I may reconsider giving up drinking
Today is my Sunday (sort of). I go back to work tomorrow night. I am not dreading going back to work but, does anybody really look forward to going back to work? I work two days and then get my regular two-day weekend. I do not really have to go back until January 3rd because, since I work for a state facility, the 30th, 31st and 1st are holidays. With my seniority I could take these days off, but, since I have burned so much of my sick time and vacation time and COMP time I decided to go in and earn back a couple of those COMP days. It would be nice to have another fours days off but I will just settle for my two-day weekend. We are looking at maybe going on vacation and I will need the time to use then.

After going to see the Mary Poppins stage show and then watching the blue-ray of Mary Poppins (and all of the bonus material on the disc) last night we are thinking about a Disney World vacation. We went when the kids were young and Fabio doesn't really remember much of it. I think Disney World will be a lot different with grown children than when they were very young. It will still be crowded crowded crowded. Now Jill is reading Mary Poppins too and she says that the Banks family has four kids in the book instead of two as in the film and the play.

Just so I remember - Cha Cha is having her stent removed on January 9th at Northwestern Hospital. That is a Friday so I will not have to use a day off since my days off are Thursdays and Fridays. I love spending my off-time in waiting rooms.

Yesterday I posted the photo of all of the 1980's film alphabet. It will take up a lot of space but a promise is a promise and I don't have much on my mind anyway. Just in case you didn't see it I posted the picture again. Cheat if you want to because there are no prizes; it is just for fun. Here are the answers...

A. Airplane
B. Back to the Future
C. Coming to America
D. Dirty Dancing
E. E.T.
F. Flight of the Navigator
G.Ghost Busters
H.Honey I Shrunk the Kids
I. Indiana Jones
J. Jumpin' Jack Flash
K.Karate Kid
L.Labyrinth
M.Mannequin
N.Nightmare on Elm Street
O.Octopussy
P. Princess Bride
Q.Q. The Winged Serpent
R. Rambo
S. Short Circuit
T. Teen Wolf
U. Untouchables
V. Vice Versa
W.Weird Science 
X. Xanadu
Y. Youngblood
Z. Zelig

If you got L, M, Q V and X correct I am very, very impressed! I think I would have gone with Quest for Fire. Who in the hell has heard of Q. The Winged Serpent?

Jill seems to be feeling really good today. She is in the kitchen now singing, whistling and humming Let's Go Fly a Kite. She is not whistling, humming and singing all at the same time - THAT would be impressive! It is weird that me going back to work tomorrow seems to really have perked her up. Coincidence? Is she happy that I will be gone? Were the doctors just that smart that they knew that the recovery (at least the part where she'd need my assistance) would take EXACTLY this amount of time? See what we are saying about the doctors and Northwestern?

Now she is talking about going to Disneyland instead of Disney World. What about Hong Kong, Shanghai, Paris or Tokyo?

Alright that is enough out of me for today. I will blog again tomorrow but my mood may be more subdued. I would like to thank you, as always, for kindly stoppin-in to sit a spell. Have a great Monday? Yep,  I just checked and it's Monday.  TTTTuesday... MITM (out) TA!

No comments:

Post a Comment