Thursday, December 25, 2014

Merry Christmas, I Must Say!

They should have been called The Nostradamustones
Before I forget - Happy Christmas! I hope you and yours have a great holiday. I will wish you a happy new year when it comes that time. I don't think it's fair to lump two well-wishes into one wish. I want you to have the two separate wishes you deserve.

Jill is really sad and frustrated and discouraged. She goes back to work in two weeks and she doesn't feel even close to ready. She is still not cleared to drive so how will that work? I know she works from home about 70% of the time but, since she hasn't been in to the office for a couple of months, I bet they want to see that she is still alive and she didn't have a drone or a cyborg or something replace her on the planet so she can just hangout in the Bahamas all the time. Two weeks is a long time so maybe she will be good-to-go by then.

How come The Flintstones celebrated Christmas? They were supposed to be alive during the Stone Age which would be B.C.. How can they celebrate Christ's birth "Before Christ?"

I am sick of Facebook and all of these "it's been a great year, thanks for being a part of it" posts. It makes a sort of a slide show of your photos. I have not and will not look at mine but I imagine that is has nothing to do with me. Most of my posts are telling you that my blog is ready. The photos I use generally have nothing to do with me other than what I have written about from day-to-day. My photos probably make me look far more exciting and interesting than I really am. Starting in January I am going to be far more selective with the photos I use to tell you the blog is ready. Next year I will look really cool.
It looks odd not surrounded by snow doesn't it? 
Yesterday I said I would tell you why I fell asleep in bed beside Cha Cha and I woke-up alone. It wasn't because I was snoring or she was too hot or I was farting or anything, She just couldn't sleep and came downstairs. I guess everything isn't about me after all. Probably only 97% is.

There is a show called A Christmas Story on TBS. It must be a marathon of all of the episodes because it seems to be running all day and all night. I cannot believe I have never heard of this television show because there are lots and list of episodes scheduled today. How many seasons did this show run? I recognize the mom from the film Slapshot; she was topless in bed with Reg Dunlop (Paul Newman). She played Hanrahan's wife. There is a commercial on now for Cougar Town (irony?). I am proud to say I have never seen that show and never will. I thought there were no commercials when they showed this show on TBS. There should be Ovaltine, Lifebuoy and Red Ryder commercials if they are gonna have commercials. When LeBron James was on The Cleveland Cavaliers the first time Fabio and I drove there to see LeBron and Shaq play. It must have been 2009-2010 because that's when Shaq was on The Cavs. The house where they filmed the exterior scenes for this movie is there so we saw that. It was as exciting as you imagine it was seeing a house from the outside (they have a museum there too but they were not open when we were there). The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame was better.

It's as signed as signed can be you know!
One of Cha Cha's Christmas presents would not have happened had she not been in the hospital. While we were in the ER in Dekalb before she went to Northwestern Memorial Hospital via ambulance for the second time Martin Short was on The Tonight Show promoting his new book I Must Say. Jill has always loved Marty (as have I but she REALLY REALLY loves him). I decided then that I would get her that book for Christmas. I managed to get an autographed copy (people in the book biz call it "a signed copy"). It is nice to be in the podcasting and blogging businesses and have the big-time Hollywood connections sometimes. It's also cool to happen into Barnes and Noble and find a signed copy for sale on the shelf - the last signed copy. There's a bit more to the story but it is better in person or via voice. Maybe if we ever do another Dirty Laundry Podcast I will talk about it. If you see my, and you care and want to know, as me - I will tell you.

It is only 0639 and I am already tired. My parents will be here at 1300 and I need to clean the kitchen, set the table and start cooking. The turkey is in the oven already, of course. I hope you have a great day and don't shoot your eye out. Speaking of shooting an eye out - I have to go back to work in five days. I hope I remember how to get there. TTTT...MITM (ho ho ho). TA!

No comments:

Post a Comment