Saturday, December 13, 2014

No Chachkies for Cha Cha Please!

 I would loved to have seen Houdini here
Last night was Cha Cha's first night out since getting out of the hospital about six days ago. We went to dinner at Maggiano's Little Italy and then went on to Bank of America Theater to see I Love Lucy On Stage. When we got to dinner I dropped Cha Cha at the door and went and parked the car. We had a nice dinner (and we still have left-overs in the fridge now); everything was fantastic. Now that neither of us drink any longer the bill was a lot less than it has been in the past - BONUS!!!! Then we headed toward Chicago for the show. There was a lot of traffic headed into the city so it took longer than usual to get there. The show time was 1930 and we hit Monroe Street at about 1917. I dropped Cha Cha at the door of the theater and went around the block to park the car. When I exited the parking garage I was directly across the street from the theater but the one-way streets made that take about eight minutes. When I got to the theater they told me that it was "one minute until curtain" when the show was to start. Those two Coke Zero's I had at Maggiano's made a quick pit stop mandatory. By the time I returned to the lobby the doors to the theater were closed and I got to watch the beginning of the show on a television screen in the lobby. After about five minutes I was told that I could go to my seat. There was a seat open, my seat, between Cha Cha and a very large woman (at least 500 pounds). I squeezed into my seat and kept waiting for intermission so Cha Cha and I could move to a couple of seats in the nearly empty row in front of us. There was never any intermission so I stayed crumpled in my seat for the entire show. Even with all of that craziness and me not liking the I Love Lucy television show I liked this show and had a great time. I could not believe how beautiful the theater was inside and how small it was.

Jill wants me to make sure everybody know that she liked the show "okay" and doesn't to start getting I Love Lucy gifts and chachkies. Please keep me out of hot water and DO NOT give Cha Cha I Love Lucy stuff. If you do don't be surprised or offended to see it at Goodwill, the Salvation Army or in a garage sale within a week.
"Or, In This Case, JUST Like Calling Family"

What I did learn from last night is that Cha Cha is still quite a bit away from being 100%. I would say she is about 42% at best at this point. I bought the tickets when she was in the hospital the first time and, at the time, had no idea this would turn as badly as it did. I guess we will have to wait a little longer to celebrate life again. I have to reassess my at-home care program. Last night she did not sleep well' she said she woke-up every hour. We will probably start walking a little bit around the turn-about a very little bit a couple of times a day (not sure when we will begin this - hopefully before it snows). We are not a parade so please no cheering and do not expect us to throw candy. Seriously, this At Home Care will be AT HOME!

Yesterday Jill was sitting in a chair in the living room and Jeff jumped-up on her and landed with his paws right into the incision area of her stomach. You would have thought Jeff was Jason Voorhees. He will not be doing that again. As a back-up Cha Cha will be sitting with a large pillow grading her abdomen.

So far this morning (and it is not even 0915 yet) I have received four phone calls from mystery numbers. Area codes: 301, 252, 765 and 888. Nobody leaves messages. I have a bad feeling that we have made some kind of list because of this whole hospital/medical... thing. The one bill that we received appears to have been paid in full by insurance already so are these just vultures of some type? I really do not want to call these numbers back if they cannot even leave messages. Area code 301 is Washington DC / Maryland area. 252 is Kitty Hawk, North Carolina area, 765 is Indianapolis area, 888 is not assigned a geographical area (it appears to be similar to an 800 number). I tried a lot of the reverse-call sites and the many I tried are all scams that have great visual software to look  very James Bond / MI-6 high-tech and then they want you to pay to get a phone number.
Makes sense for predatory telemarketers to be from Kitty Hawk

Did you know that it is very difficult to find any information about the actual Kitty Hawk (the bird)? Thanks Wright Brothers!

I am excited that I still have half of my Caprese Chicken and asparagus from last night in the refrigerator. Before eating it I will have to get rid of this stuffed-up nose. And, I have to empty the dishwasher and start another load of laundry first. And pick-up the dry cleaning (Jill's blanket that she took to the hospital with her).

Have a great day. I appreciate you stopping-by and Cha Cha appreciated you continuing to be concerned about her. I hope you have a great Saturday. I have to spend the day figuring-out what I want for Christmas. My parents do not accept that I really do not want or need anything. Can they make these telemarketing vultures stop calling? That is what I want. And for Cha Cha to be well again. Those are all I want Clarence! TTTT...MITM (out) TA!

No comments:

Post a Comment