Thursday, January 1, 2015

It's My Only Defense

Happy 2015. I hope you had a safe night. Cha Cha and I just stayed home and did nothing. So far I have slept the entire year except for the last eight minutes. I am much happier doing that than I would have been being at work. I almost always wake-up with a stuffed-up nose and sinus pressure in the back of my head but this morning I did not. Maybe this will be a good year after-all.

I forgot to tell you that I asked Cha Cha about her trip with Splenda to IKEA and she said that it went very well; she didn't get very tired at all. There were plenty of places to sit and when she got tired so she sat if she needed to. I also found out that we are going to Northwestern Hospital tomorrow as well as next Friday. This week is for her release to be able to go back to work and next week for the stent removal. As much of a great hospital as it is I am getting tired of going there so much. At least she has been able to make the appointments the next two weeks on one of my days off (Fridays). Speaking of IKEA I have to install a new light in the kitchen today. Thanks Obama IKEA!

I think I am going to try to go back to sleep for awhile because it is only 0500 and I am still sleepy. How can I sleep my whole life away by blogging? I am going to sleep one year at a time beginning with 2015.


I don't do resolutions. I think I resolve to lay around like a slug today.

It is now 0950 and I have already blown my one resolution; I installed the new kitchen light fixture that Cha Cha got at IKEA. That is why I do not make resolutions. They just set me up to start my year off failing. I have found that failing at things is not very good for one's psyche. I have nothing against resolutions; I am sure they work for some people and the advertisers love that we make resolutions. All I see and hear are adds for the weight-loss places/programs and health clubs and such: diet centers, health clubs, weight-loss programs...

Cha Cha-pped Salad
I think Cha Cha and I may go out for lunch and to see a film. I bet the theaters will be quiet with all the revelers sleeping and recovering today. I am watching what I eat as I have put on a few pounds being Cha Cha's personal assistant and life-saver. Over the last couple of days I have "resolved" to lose weight again. I have been eating mainly fruits and salads and I pretty much always drink water anyway. I am fairly sure that I am going to make a huge chopped salad and have it in the fridge for all of us now that Jill can eat salads with that bad piece of her intestines gone. With Cha Cha not drinking anymore because of her bad liver I have given-up drinking alcohol to help support her. That is not to say that I won't have a drink every now and again but I really do not see the benefit for the most part. Our dinner bills have been a lot cheaper - I do know that. Okay, plans changed - we are not going to lunch and a movie. That was decided before we heard that there is a Winter Storm Warning for our town for later today.

I did not proofread today's blog so I apologize if there are any issues with the sentence structures or flow or spelling. Actually, I seldom proofread it but this time I did even less. I am going to end now to go take down some of the Christmas decorations... I hope you have a great New Years Day and a super 2015. I will try to be more interesting this year though, Cha Cha being sick at the end of 2014 sure did boost ratings. My fake advertisers are overwhelmed. Thanks for stopping-in. TTTT...MITM (out) TA!

No comments:

Post a Comment