Saturday, January 10, 2015

Cha Cha is Leaving Me. That Makes Sense

Where are Dopey and Goofy?
Today I will probably get a kiss from Cha Cha. She is leaving on a jet plane and it is right in that song that you have to kiss and smile when you get on a jet plane. However, unless there are unforeseen circumstances, we know when she will be back again. She is coming home Saturday. I am half-tempted to fly to Florida Thursday and spend a couple of nights in a warmer climate with her. I could go to the airport directly from work Thursday morning and then sleep on the plane all the way down there. Maybe I should just show-up and surprise her but then maybe I'd catch her with Goofy or Dopey or somebody. No, that would be just like being with me so maybe she'd be with Gaston or Prince Phillip instead. Maybe Thumper? I would feel weird and guilty going to Disney without the kids even though they are both grown. When does that feeling/guilt stop? 

As soon as she gets totally repaired medically she takes off - RUDE! 

I wrote some notes while driving to Chicago with the rest of the six miles per hour traffic Thursday night. It isn't the same as texting so I think it is legal. Could they actually outlaw driving and writing? These notes are just what goes on in my brain sometimes and I never know what they mean. Maybe these are supposed to be used for me to put together a stand-up comedy act or a play or just a soliloquy. Here we go...

The Beverly Hillbillies were such amateurs
How do we know know if it is opportunity knocking without answering? What if we answer it and it's misfortune or something. That's why I always peek out the window between the curtains before I discover I should not have answered. 

Why does this speedometer start at 10 MPH? If I am sitting still I am not going 10 miles per hour.

Right now we are driving 11 miles per hour. I think the Joad family went a lot faster going to California in The Grapes of Wrath.

A guy just got out of his car right in the MIDDLE of the Eisenhower Expressway and walked around to the front of his car and cleaned off his windshield wipers. I guess that is what they really mean when they report on the radio "the inbound Eisenhower is a parking lot." I usually do what I call "the old grab and pop." I don't think it is something that I invented but I have perfected it. It only seems to work efficiently if you're going under twenty miles per hour (just about where this speedometer begins). In case you are in a warmer climate here is how it works... you turn the wipers on either low or intermittent and roll down your window (why do they call power windows "rolling down" widows too?). As the wiper gets to the far left of the windshield (the far right if your passenger is assisting you on the passenger-side) you reach out the window around to the outside of the windshield and grab the wiper and "pop" it next to the windshield to get the ice off. It is very effective and can be done while moving. 

I must have been driving more quickly when I wrote this one because I cannot read it but it appears to say, "83 minutes gravy" or "83 minutes fraud" or "83 minute feud." I do not know what any of those would mean but 83 minute gravy sounds nice. 
What B.S.. The 4Runner engine hasn't been that clean since 2004
There endeth my note copying for today.

This morning I swapped-out the battery in the 4Runner. The same battery has been in the vehicle for eleven years; I guess that is pretty good. I remember when I was in high school I would be swapping batteries out in my vehicles all the time. Are batteries better now or am I driving a better class of automobile? Considering my first car cost me $500 I think I know a lot of the answer. It is probably both reason really.

Okay, I have to get some stuff done before I take Cha Cha to her new home for the night before she gets her lino to the airport tomorrow. Had I not used so much of my vacation time and COMP time on her hospitalization/recuperation/care  I probably would have gone with her for the entire week and hung out at the ocean while she was in meetings and such. Maybe she planned all of this Crohn's Disease stuff so I would stay here. If so, she REALLY didn't want me to go with her. 

Have a great of what is probably your weekend as I start my work week. Thank you for reading my nonsense today. I am really happy not to have anything medical to report today. I will probably not write tomorrow but I do reserve a blogger's prerogative. TTTMonday (probably)...MITM (out) Bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment