Saturday, January 31, 2015

Restaurant and Movie Review (and the usual nonsense)

A HOLY (holey) COW wearing Harry Caray glasses and some lady I had dinner with
Last night was fun. As advertised in yesterday's blog we went to eat dinner at Harry Caray's and saw The Imitation Game.

Dinner was great though I am glad I consulted the menu ahead of time to manage my ordering. I got the chicken chopped salad and, had I not checked the menu before I went, I would have had pancetta on my salad which would have doubled the fat and calories. Plus, I would not have known that pancetta is ham and I do not eat ham. It is actually Italian bacon made pork belly. Who am I Jethro Bodine? Of course, I would have asked what it was before getting hog-tied to pancetta but this was so much easier. I also ordered a side of grilled asparagus sans the Hollandaise sauce. I think we just like to make things less-healthy in America. Maybe the medical industry and pharmaceutical companies are in charge of menus in America. I did have a bit of bruschetta which is pretty much just vegetable plus the little pieces of toast. If two small pieces of toasted Italian Bread is the worst of my guilt I suppose I am doing okay.

After dinner we went right next store to the theater to see the movie. We love this theater. It has huge puffy, red recliner chairs with trays that swing out so you can get in and out of the seat so you have someplace to put your 55-gallon drum of soda made in one of those machines where you mix the flavors you want or, if you're too lazy, you can push a button and a server will come fetch food and drink for you... I seriously am going to bring a bendy-straw with me next time so I don't have to hit that button that electrically takes my chair to an un-relined position so I can drink my 55-gallon drum of soda. So, we lied back (literally) and watched The Imitation Game. I really liked this film. I didn't even realize that the Oscar (Academy Awards) nominations had already been made until after the show and this movie is up for: Best Picture, Best Actor, Best Supporting Actress, Directing, Blogging Writing (adapted screenplay)... Though I have not seen all of the films, I could see it winning a couple of those. I still think Bradley Cooper is going to win Best Actor though Benedict Cumberbatch is more fun to say and hear so that may help him. He was also excellent and I would make it a toss-up. Speaking of names - as the names of who is in the film were on the screen at the beginning of the show I was already entertained. The last names of some of the actors were: Beard, Strong, Dance, Leech, Knightley, Northcote, Goode and Cumberbatch (of course). Were the English just looking around the room and throwing-out words when they were deciding to create their surnames. You know that there had to be one time in history where our families decided what our clan names should be. My people must have been woodworkers or lumberjacks or something so they chose the German word for wood/logs/carpentry Holzer which got Americanized (probably at Ellis Island) to Helser. The British, obviously, don't need to Americanize their names because they are English so they are named what their families originally decided to call themselves.
Kind of the theme of most of the film
Though I had a great time last night I am in a really crappy mood today. There are several reasons for my poor disposition but if I tell you what they are, though you would be entertained and probably would side with me, you would know what a whiny baby I am in my mind sometimes. I think that we all (most of us anyway) would probably not be as well-liked if people knew what we were thinking all the time. I used to have a shoddy valve that would still let some of this badness leak some of my tourette-thoughts out of my mind but, somehow, I got that valve replaced. Maybe it is age, maybe it is maturity, maybe it is laziness to argue, maybe it is a diminished will to just be a jerk. One thing kind of nice about holding these feelings in now is that, on the rare occasion that I feel the need to get angry, I seem to have some of this rage stored in a locker or a bank or something in my body and it is more effective. Also, people will not take you as seriously if you are that way all the time.

Maybe my mood has to do with tonight being my Monday. Maybe it is because I don't really feel all that well. I could just be a combination of the two.

It is near high noon and I had better get some other things done. I hear that we have a lot of snow coming within the next 24-hours. The so-called experts are saying the snow will start tonight and we will have six to seven inches of snow by tomorrow at noon. That means I will be working in a snow storm all night tonight. WHOOPEE! Get your running-around done during the day today so you can stay home tonight (unlike me). All that snow should make all of the Super Bowl partiers unhappy. Be careful if you are one of those people out in the blizzard. Thanks for being here today. I will blog again Monday. TTTMonday...MITM (out) Brrrrrrrrrrrrrr

No comments:

Post a Comment